This object is in archive! 

Zipato Backup module + 3G stick troubles

Jesper Olesen shared this question 8 years ago
Need Answer

Hi all,

I have had the Backup module + 3G stick connected for some while now, and still not working, so tonight I decided it was time to get it to work - but I need your (The community or Zipato) help doing so.

Error elimination..:

- My SIM card have been in my iPhone, just to make sure that it's working - and it is, so that's not the issue.

- Same settings as from the iPhone have been added to Zipabox Settings -> 3G backup

- Have been outside with the module to make sure, that there where proper 3G coverage

The problem...:

So what I'm getting is after the modules have detected power + ethernet have been removed (I would said approximately 1 minute) this seriers of events happens...:

- The 3G stick starts flashing red faster (10 seconds)

- Red (5 secs)

- Flashed Blue two times

- Purple (5 secs)

- Blue (5 secs)

Cycle complete...

After 5 minutes, the module tries again to connect to the Zipato servers, and the cycle completes with no connection.

I have had no luck finding any description/manuals for the Zipato 3G stick, and what the colours represents.

Made a video of what I'm experiencing here...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn_I8C7cLbg

Hope somebody could elaborate - cheers...

Replies (11)

photo

There must be something wrong with the 3g settings. I also had some trouble with this...then i googled on my provider to find the right settings. I only needed to fill in the APN and PIN.

photo

I only had to fill in the APN. Who is your provider?

photo

T-mobile (The Netherlands)

photo
photo

Hi guys,

My provider is a Scandinavian phone company called Telenor - their APN setting for data are...:

internet

I have removed the pin code from the sim card - and remember the sim card works without trouble in my iPhone!

I have attached my 3G Backup settings....

photo

instead of internet, put telenor as APN name. leave rest of fields blank.

photo

Hi Darkwing,

Thanx, i did already try that APN name, no luck...

That APN is now only in use for MMS.

With that APN - "the cycle" i described does not start,

photo

Telenor APN is: services.telenor.se

photo
photo

I have also had problems with this. Suggest that you try to divide the problem to find out what is wrong;

1. Have you tried the 3G stick in a computer to see that it's working and what Apn setting to use?

2. Have you tried to remove the network only for the Zipabox, keeping the power?

3. Do you have any partitions armed, my Zipabox doesn't handle network and power loss if any partition is armed, which makes the functionality useless. Hopefully will it work for you.

photo

Hello Guys any solution about this case?

I have the same problem with my 3G Zipato Stick.

photo

Ok, guys...this is still not working....anybody got this working at all....

And now i really need the feature - what do I do, return both backup module and 3G dongle where i bought it and ask for a replacement?

photo

Hi,

Still does not work. When unplugging the ethernet the 3G-dongle just start fast red flashing.

I've opened at ticket with the support now, hopefully they will sort it out.

br // björn

photo

Hi Björn, Did you find a solution? I'm having exactly the same problem you described :( Clive

photo
photo

Any news about this?

My 3g stick always blink red slowly...

photo

Same here... I can't see the Battery Backup Module in the system either, other than it showed up a "Modbus" with no devices...

photo

Hello everyone

someone knows if this still works with zipabox and if still zipato sells the USB stick 3G

Leave a Comment

Attach a file