This object is in archive! 

Nest camera's

Nick Wanerka shared this question 5 years ago
Answered

Does anyone know if the nest IP cameras can be integrated into the zipatile? Before I got my Zipatile I was using wink as my home automation system and still kind of am. It took me a little while but I have my zipatile kind of working as a secondary controller. I have about 10 Nest cameras 3 Nest smoke detectors and one Nest Thermostat. I'm pretty sure the smoke detectors are working okay and the thermostat seems to be showing up haven't really played with it yet but I cannot get the cameras to integrate on the zipatile. Does anybody have any ideas Orkin point me in the right direction? Can't wait to see some answers hopefully other people have had this problem and have the solution

Replies (9)

photo

Well, I did not even know that Nest cameras can be integrated to other systems. Do they provide rtsp or HTTP stream link?

Found this link that explains why Nest cameras cannot be integrated to other systems.

https://www.cameraftp.com/Camera/DoesCameraFTPWorkWithDropcam.html

photo

I did it different, also struggle to connect the cams with the Zipatile, but no luck.

I have 2 nest camera's, and the Zipatile can not work with the Nest app unfortunally :(

I download the APK of the "home remote" app.

Install it on the Zipatile, and let the app search for the Nest cams.

The "home remote" app can show multiple cams at the same time.

Then I made a rule, if someone press the doorbell, the Zipatile screen goes on for 1 minute, and also starts the "home remote" app.

On-screen in a few seconds

photo

So the home remote app worked? Now you can see your nest cams on the zipatile? If that's the case then you are my hero !!!!

photo

Sorry, the app is called "IP cam viewer" It's working for my 2 Nest cams.

The home-remote app is also working, but not multiple cams together on 1 screen ;)

photo
photo

Here the logo of the "IP cam viewer"

The 4th row on the left

photo

Question. How do you automate the opening of a certain app on zipatile via rules? I understand how to wake up the screen, but I have no idea how to start an app on the zipatile via rules.

photo

your right, it's not opening an app, the app is already open.When I leave the Zipatile, I make sure that the "IP cam viewer" stays open.

sorry for the misunderstanding, but a task for Zipato to make an app opener by rules ;-)

photo

Exactly as I thought.

photo

Not a bad idea since you can integrate almost anything to a Zipatile with 3rd party apps.

We'll check out the possibility.

photo
photo

So what I just tried was, I downloaded the nest APK app and it kind of works. It will open up the nest app and I can view all my cameras but it keeps on saying that it needs Google Play to work correctly. If I touch the screen away from that warning then nest works just like it would on your phone or tablet. Then I tried downloading the Wink app another home automation system, and that worked to. The only thing is now I'm using the zipatile as a tablet and not really what it's meant for. I can do all my home automation on my Wink app which is kind of neat but really kind of stupid when I have zipatile. Wink is very easy to use and you can do a lot with it but I really need to try to figure out how to use the zipatile. Another thing I did was I put the zipatile in learning mode and the wink in inclusion mode and after 3 tries that worked to. On the zipatile all my Z-Wave products including all the switches Outlets and sensors came up. I had to relabel all them and figure out which each one does and that took about an hour but now the zipatile is working the way it should in conjunction with my wink and it makes the zipatile a secondary controller and that's not using the Wink app on the zipatile. I only tried the Wink app later that night just to see if it would work. So both work but I really need to learn how to get my Nest cameras on the zipatile without using the APK app

photo

Nick. Are you saying that you managed to show up all your devices paired in your Wink system into the Zipato?

So basically now you can see in the Zipato system all your Wink devices?

What an important news. Noone ever tried that and noone ever knew it is possible.

You are a star.

photo

Yes it's quite amazing what I did was I put my zipatile in learning mode and then my wink hub and learning mode. Then I put the zipatile in learning mode again and wink in inclusion mode. I'm not sure which one of them actually did the job but after doing one of those steps all my zwave products came up. The only thing is they came up by their serial numbers and I was not about to take out all the switches and look on the back of them so all I had to do was just turn them on and off from the zipatile. For example I would turn on one of them with a long number and I would have my son walk around the house and say okay the dining room light is on, now it's off. Then I knew that was a dining room light and I relabeled it setup my room's etc etc. Now I did this before I learned how to download and open up the Wink app on the zipatile. The weird thing is I guess they're still technically on the wink Hub as the main controller and the zipatile as my secondary controller but when I turn something on and off on the zipatile it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to show up on my Wink app that it is on or off, but when I turn something on or off on my Wink app it doesn't show up at all being changed on the zipatile. So it does work just not perfectly yet but I don't think it should work perfectly yet because I need to get rid of wink altogether and just stick with Zipato. I have about 37 Z-Wave products around my house including my door lock my water sensors my switches my Outlets Etc the reason why I play so much with Z-Wave is because I own my own electrical company and we're starting to really get into home automation. I used to sell wink products but I think now I'm going to start pushing Zipato. Don't get me wrong wink is cute and all and for the normal homeowner I guess it's a good product because it's a very simple to use, control 4 it's just crazy priced and even the higher-end clients don't want to pay for it and you're stuck only using control4 products. I think with zipato I can use a multitude of different zwave products, and then you have the zipatile that just makes it very sexy to install at a house. It might sound weird to say is if a tile is a sexy piece of Machinery but it is LOL. Now I could offer the customers something that is high-end for a very decent price. Like the Zipatile, that is a very high-end touch screen for 400 US dollars that's not too bad :-) I think the more I start learning about zipato the more I'm starting to love it. I've only worked with it now for about 1 week and this is how far I've gotten. I still need to learn more about changing how the zipatile looks and how to set up schedules and rules Etc but I'll get there

photo
photo

So zipato just got a hold of me in response to one of my emails to them. They would like me to send them my zipatile serial number and my Nest cameras information like the ID serial number excetera. It looks like they're going to try to configure the zipatile so we can add the nest cameras on the zipatile. Zipata really is going all out and trying to help everybody and make their product the best out there. I'm very impressed with them. I've been using wink for about two and a half years and I loved it but I'm starting to really love zipato now. Anytime I email wink support I get a standard email sorry we're working on that but it's not something that we can do at the moment. Yet when I email zipato they email back saying they want to help ask me for some information and really do help. Very impressive I wish I would have read that email before I left for work today lol now I can't wait to get home and look at the serial numbers and model numbers and send it off to them. If I can get rid of my wink automation all together that would be awesome

photo

Just log into web ui and you can gind the serial number in the dashboard

photo

Explain more on exactly what you mean. Do I take the serial number that off the back of the nest camera and put it in where? Sorry I hope you don't get upset I'm still a little new at all this. I've mastered wink automation but anybody can do that LOL

photo

Ok. Zipato needs the serial of your Zipato controller. Log into your Zipato Web UI and here is the SN of your Zipato controller (i have erased them from the image).

c3d93fde345f6a98eeaa1bc893aa16f2

photo
photo

Yes it's quite amazing what I did was I put my zipatile in learning mode and then my wink hub and learning mode. Then I put the zipatile in learning mode again and wink in inclusion mode. I'm not sure which one of them actually did the job but after doing one of those steps all my zwave products came up. The only thing is they came up by their serial numbers and I was not about to take out all the switches and look on the back of them so all I had to do was just turn them on and off from the zipatile. For example I would turn on one of them with a long number and I would have my son walk around the house and say okay the dining room light is on, now it's off. Then I knew that was a dining room light and I relabeled it setup my room's etc etc. Now I did this before I learned how to download and open up the Wink app on the zipatile. The weird thing is I guess they're still technically on the wink Hub as the main controller and the zipatile as my secondary controller but when I turn something on and off on the zipatile it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to show up on my Wink app that it is on or off, but when I turn something on or off on my Wink app it doesn't show up at all being changed on the zipatile. So it does work just not perfectly yet but I don't think it should work perfectly yet because I need to get rid of wink altogether and just stick with Zipato. I have about 37 Z-Wave products around my house including my door lock my water sensors my switches my Outlets Etc the reason why I play so much with Z-Wave is because I own my own electrical company and we're starting to really get into home automation. I used to sell wink products but I think now I'm going to start pushing Zipato. Don't get me wrong wink is cute and all and for the normal homeowner I guess it's a good product because it's a very simple to use, control 4 it's just crazy priced and even the higher-end clients don't want to pay for it and you're stuck only using control4 products. I think with zipato I can use a multitude of different zwave products, and then you have the zipatile that just makes it very sexy to install at a house. It might sound weird to say the zilatile is a sexy piece of Machinery but it is LOL. Now I could offer the customers something that is high-end for a very decent price. Like the Zipatile, that is a very high-end touch screen for 400 US dollars that's not too bad :-) I think the more I start learning about zipato the more I'm starting to love it. I've only worked with it now for about 1 week and this is how far I've gotten. I still need to learn more about changing how the zipatile looks and how to set up schedules and rules Etc but I'll get there

photo

any luck adding nest cameras to the ZipaTile? i am considering buying both products at the moment

photo

Yes I got the nest cameras to work on the zipatile 2 different ways . I downloaded the app on tile and that kind of worked but there is also another app that works really good. I can send you exact directions step by step if you want to email me

Nwanerka@gmail.com

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file