This object is in archive! 

Zipato-web offline-in mantenance mode

Bad Wolf shared this problem 10 years ago
Known

Dear Zipato team,

Yesterday there were a lot of (announced) maintenances.

Today, as I wake up, web site is still down without alert on Tweeter :/

The Thermostats module is getting crazy, and I can't shut it down properly as I can't access the website...

When will it be back online ?

Do you have issues with the server ?

Regards,

Jean

Best Answer
photo

Two problems caused this disastrous situation today. First, Hibernate-ehcache used the total amount of memory and corrupted the disk cache (the same thing happened on all the servers in the cluster). This caused that restarted servers were not working properly again and again, until we cleaned the cache manually.

Unfortunately, the second problem was that our alerting system, didn't alert the support engineer on duty, so we did the above mentioned action with the 4 hours delay.

Certainly, this shouldn't happening never, and we agree with all of the criticism in this post. Unfortunately, it happened and we are very sorry about it. Today, we will change the alerting service which we are currently using, and we will stay on duty to help you all fix you current issues.

Replies (19)

photo

mee too have many problem with my three thermostats... :-( since more than 1 day...

photo

Back online... and new FW :

Firmware Version 0.9.990Fixes:- Thermostat - handling of multiple setpoint inputs- Thermostat - hysteresis not working in program mode- 3G backup - DNS resolving without ethernet connection- IP camera - problems with Basic auth on camera when taking snapshot from rules

photo

back online but no fully working:

- climate widget still in night modus

- status changes made by a scene don't change status under lights & power widget

it looks like the dashboard has the status of 7:00 am and there are no status changes

photo

my climate widget won't update after modify it... >:-(

photo

Nothing update since 7 this morning too.

photo

I hope solve quickly the problems with thermostats in my house this morning was 16 degrees ... :-(

photo

for all these reasons I now have done a local thermostats program using local API and this morning everything was working fine.

photo

Two problems caused this disastrous situation today. First, Hibernate-ehcache used the total amount of memory and corrupted the disk cache (the same thing happened on all the servers in the cluster). This caused that restarted servers were not working properly again and again, until we cleaned the cache manually.

Unfortunately, the second problem was that our alerting system, didn't alert the support engineer on duty, so we did the above mentioned action with the 4 hours delay.

Certainly, this shouldn't happening never, and we agree with all of the criticism in this post. Unfortunately, it happened and we are very sorry about it. Today, we will change the alerting service which we are currently using, and we will stay on duty to help you all fix you current issues.

photo

xmeslin wrote:

for all these reasons I now have done a local thermostats program using local API and this morning everything was working fine.
can you explain it?? :-)

photo

Everything should work by now. If some of those problems still persist, let us know.

photo

Climate widget problem:

When running program the value is Custom should be Economy 19,4

(hard reset zipabox, heating off and running program again doesn't help)

ot9LAcLiXYe48udPNtXz

photo

Alberto Parma wrote:

xmeslin wrote:

I have a linux server (my NAS actually) and with some mysql tables, a a few hundreds of php codes and a very simple gui I manage my thermostats myself.

thermostats_perso

I just just local API on the zips to collect temp every 2 min and change the switch and then of course I can manage my hysteresis myself too :)

photo

xmeslin wrote:

Alberto Parma wrote:

xmeslin wrote:

I have a linux server (my NAS actually) and with some mysql tables, a a few hundreds of php codes and a very simple gui I manage my thermostats myself.

thermostats_perso

I just just local API on the zips to collect temp every 2 min and change the switch and then of course I can manage my hysteresis myself too :)

great...uhm i have a Qnap Nas wirh Linus too... how much money do you want to do this to me? :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

photo

http://www.meslin.fr/radiateurs.zip

There is a readme but I did it in french :(

photo

thankyou so much... i don't know if i will be able to... but.. i try it...

photo

Always problems with Thermostat Widget

They do not want to change mode, but not all.

It arrive since the update of this night.

If you want, i can send you ID and PW with "support"

Thanks

Chris

photo

xmeslin wrote:

http://www.meslin.fr/radiateurs.zip

There is a readme but I did it in french :(

Impressive job !

Ca fera un très bon mode "dégradé" pour mon chauffage !

Many thanks

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Everything should work by now. If some of those problems still persist, let us know.
Thank you for you quick answer and reaction Sebastian !

I did not want to by "critic" in my post, I just wanted to let you know that it is impossible to control thermostats when your servers are down.

When will you release the new Apple/Android app' using the local API ?

Regards

photo

Theo van den Dolder wrote:

Climate widget problem:

When running program the value is Custom should be Economy 19,4

(hard reset zipabox, heating off and running program again doesn't help)

ot9LAcLiXYe48udPNtXz

When the program changed to Comfort at 17:00 it has resolved the problem :-)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file