Support for Nexa PBR-2300 wall plug

krister ekberg shared this idea 10 years ago
Completed

Hello!

I was wondering if you could please add support for Nexa PBR-2300 wall plug, it is a part of nexas self learning code system.

Replies (16)

photo

Greetings,

It should work as it is, it's just not listed in the "add new device" dialog device list. Try to join it as a "CoCo AC-1000 wall plug".

photo

Thanks!

That worked great.

But can't you add the info to the device list? or how Would I have known that I needed to use the COCO device?

photo

Actaully let me retract that last statement, it worked once to add it and turn on/off the wall plug. I moved the plug to where i wanted to use it and it works no more.

So the first time I added it the discover process worked and the plug clicked on and off two times to acknoledge that it got connected to a remote.

Now when i try to add it again ( I have removed the devices in my.zipato.com and sycnhronized, I have also reseted the plug) the plug never acknoledges that it gets connected and the zipabox goes from discoverying to device joined instantly.

But i cannot control the plug after the add process is done?!

photo

How far is the plug from the Zipabox now?

photo

5m perhaps, i tried to move it back to where i was when it worked but that didn't work either.

photo

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with a Nexa plug. It can joined in the way Morko told you. If you can not join this plug anymore it could be that it's memory is full. I think is has only 3 memory places. You can erase these by putting the device in learning mode and press the "all off" button on your remote. Another possibility is that the plug is simply broken.

photo

John,

can you please walk me through how you do to add it and if the plug responds with the on off sequence when you add it?

It would be much appreciated if you could provide me with this.

photo

Krister,

Not right now because I'm at Schiphol to take a plane. Won't be home for a week.

But in the meantime you can do the following:

- because the device is not mentioned in the Nexa list you have to find an alternative;

- these alternatives are; Chacon, Coco, Lightwave (i am not sure if this is the complete list);

- With such an alternative perform the following sequence:

a. add alternative;

b. put your device in earning mode;

c. continue process;

d. Most important: check your switch if it's funcioning;

This last step is important because 433MHz protocol is a one way protocol. In the add sequence the box sends a 433 signal to your plug and expects that it is succesfull and continues However the zipabox has no way to check this.

TRhis is all for now.

photo

John, Thanks a lot for that.

I bought a "supported" nexa plugg today just to make sure that the zipabox was not broken.

Indeed with the new and supported plugs I got it to work, but I discovered that there is a problem with my zipabox, the range is rediculous short. When I added the New plugg I was actually sitting 4 dm closer to the zipabox than when i tried to add the older pluggs. This turns out to have been key to my unsuccessful tests before.

From what i gather, when i have the zipabox in line of sight I have about 4m range, if it is behind a wall it drop to under 3m. This clearly is some sort of issue with the box. I'll report it as a defective unit.

Thanks for your time!

photo

Have the same problem not only with PBR-2300 but with supported models (WBR-912) aswell? How long time should the zipabox "think" before leaving the "you don't hvae selected network" appears? For me it comes upp instantly themoment i klick on Join? Haven't been able to add any device :( Do i have to mention that i'm new to all this:)

photo

Lars!

Do you have any 433MHz modul in the zipabox?

photo

Do I need a separate 433 module? Thought that was included from the start?

photo

Zipabox is available in two different versions one with and one without 433Mhz "in sweden".

Look at this forum for help in swedish

http://www.byggahus.se/forum/villalarm-hemautomation/225675-zipabox.html

photo

How do i know if i have one with or not?

photo

2 antennas if the box have 433Mhz

photo

Japp! I have the one without 433 built in :( Just ordered a 433 module. Should solve my problem, waiting with impatience.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file