Join more info

Marcel FAGNOUL shared this question 10 years ago
Answered

the thing i want to do is to activate the light during presence in the room, and after 2 min stop the light.

Does is it right that the JOIN stop the old execution ?

in attachement , my rule simple rule for activate à light during and stop after 2 min if no more move, is it OK ?

Replies (9)

photo

No attachment but i guess.

When motion

join

action turn light on

wait 120s

action turn light off

The join will prevent the rule to restart if new motion appears

photo

I had place the join after the turn on of the light

my question is if the rules is activate a second time 1 minute after the first one, do the light will be on 3 min (1 in by the first activation and 2 by the second), or only 2 min ( the second rules does run after the join)

Thank's

photo

I would place "join" before "couloir lumière plafond action"

I think the light will be off 2 min after the rule is triggered first.

If you want to switch off the light only if there is no motion, try this:

LDB3ARCcy356xbD7YtDG

Then you can set different light levels when sun is down, during night...

1r67l2yfYcb21tLLEuyY

photo

I have make test with this simple rule

b2jEX8IeIu8Dv2ifcoof

when run 1 Time the lamp connected to the on/off switch stay ON during 10 Sec

After, i toggle the virtual switch (in the when) every 5 sec, and the lamp stay on. The lamp goes off 10 sec after the last switch.

So for me the Join kill old instance of the rule and only the last one remain active

photo

Intressting, since I have always received the feedback from zipato that join locks the rule from being executed again. In this case it seem like the join is wo affect. Any difference if you remove it?

photo

Join functionality was already explained for so many times...

Here is one of the first and the easiest explanations https://community.zipato.com/responses/how-does-the-controls-join-and-stop-function

photo

indeed but the rule seems to restart even upon new toggles, since the light goes of after last toggle and not first. Right?

photo

Here is an exampel how to light a room if a precens in the room, but only if the alarm is disarmed and the light insiede or outside is low.

photo

yes the rule restart and the old is stopped.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file