This object is in archive! 

Zipabox 2 for Z-wave, Zigbee and 433mHz?

Henning shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

I am using a Zipabox 1 with internal Z-wave and external moduels for Zigbee and 433mHz.

How should I solve this if I upgrade to the Zipabox 2?

There is a limitation of maximum 2 addon modules per side of the box, AFAIK, and this will then force me to choose only 2 of the 3 protocols I need.

Maybe I can use a HUE Bridge for the Zigbee and maybe I can use master and slave boxes in a cluster but I would like to avoid workarounds.

Is there any chance the maximum 2 limitation can be changed?Have anyone tested to connect more than 2 modules per side of a Zipabox 2?

// Henning :)

Best Answer
photo

Hi Henning,

You may connect Z-Wave and Zigbee to the right side and 433 to the left side, everything should work.

Kind regards!

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Henning,

You may connect Z-Wave and Zigbee to the right side and 433 to the left side, everything should work.

Kind regards!

photo

Hi Paula. But the 433 module is designed to connect on the right side as the others?

If it is possible to actually click it on at the left side the antenna would be facing down?

I guess that is no issue if it is a working solution!?

Thanks!

photo

Hi Henning,

Either module can connect to left or right side. I know that for sure: i have 433, Zigbee and Z-Wave running.

Kind regards.

photo

Thanks John!

Makes perfect sense!

I simply never thought about having an antenna pointing downwards!

But it will be no problemo!!

:)

Henning

photo

@John Robbit. Are you using zipabox2? Got information from Zipato that you only can use 2 radiomodules with zipabox2.

photo
photo

Hi, i am using zipabox 2. My setup is zigbee and zwave to the right and 433 to the left. Works perfectly

-------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------

Leave a Comment

Attach a file