This object is in archive! 

Heatit Z-push button not compatible with Zipato?

carntzen shared this idea 4 years ago
Completed

Does anyone have experience with the Heatit Z-push Botton 8? (https://www.thermo-floor.no/media/multicase/documents/_tfasdokumentasjon/heatit controls/heatit z-push button/manual_heatit_z-push_button_8_fw_1.26_ver2019-a_eng.pdf)

This device can be controlled through either 1) direct association (in Association Manager), which works well, or 2) through the use of scenes. It´s the latter I can´t get to work.

Zipato cannot determine what type of device this is (see attached 1). Also, and maybe therefor, the device don´t show up with any functionality for configuring the different buttons (see attached 2 and 3). This means I can´t trigger a specific scene, as I can´t tell the system which of the eight buttons that shall trigger the scene.

The user manual says that "COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE_V3" is one of the available/supported command classes.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Best Answer
photo

In case you bump into this compatibility question, I can tell you that this issue was solved after a long support ticket with Zipato.

The Heatit Z-push Button 8 was not configured and supported correct by Zipato. Zipato has now corrected this and it now works as intended. Some tips on the way:

• The manual says that this device can only be controlled through a) direct association and b) scenes. I find that not to be totally correct. You can also program any rule not including a scene. Eg. you kan say [When Button 4 pressed] [turn on kitchen lightbulb and livingroom lightbulb]. The action statement does not need to include a scene.
  • The device does not support any direct button push through the Zipato web interface or the app. Only physical touch on the buttons. Hence it does not show by default up as a device under Device browser. Only its endpoint shows up under devices in the rule creator.
  • Each button can distinguish between press, hold and release. (I have not tried the release function tough.) This means that you can actually control/trigger 8x3=24 different actions. After Zipato did the update, the action options now looks at attached.

PS! After fiddling around with it for a while with different rules for the different buttons, it ended up in some strange error state where one button triggered wrong rules and two other buttons didn´t run their rules at all. This was sorted out after an exclusion and re-inclusion of the device.

Replies (2)

photo

The product is listed here: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3595, which to my understanding should indicate a full support for the product.

photo

In case you bump into this compatibility question, I can tell you that this issue was solved after a long support ticket with Zipato.

The Heatit Z-push Button 8 was not configured and supported correct by Zipato. Zipato has now corrected this and it now works as intended. Some tips on the way:

• The manual says that this device can only be controlled through a) direct association and b) scenes. I find that not to be totally correct. You can also program any rule not including a scene. Eg. you kan say [When Button 4 pressed] [turn on kitchen lightbulb and livingroom lightbulb]. The action statement does not need to include a scene.
  • The device does not support any direct button push through the Zipato web interface or the app. Only physical touch on the buttons. Hence it does not show by default up as a device under Device browser. Only its endpoint shows up under devices in the rule creator.
  • Each button can distinguish between press, hold and release. (I have not tried the release function tough.) This means that you can actually control/trigger 8x3=24 different actions. After Zipato did the update, the action options now looks at attached.

PS! After fiddling around with it for a while with different rules for the different buttons, it ended up in some strange error state where one button triggered wrong rules and two other buttons didn´t run their rules at all. This was sorted out after an exclusion and re-inclusion of the device.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file