This object is in archive! 

Adding Ikea Tradfri Driver

Robbert van Laer shared this question 5 years ago
Need Answer

Hi there,

I have a ikea Tradfri driver in my home with two Irsta Led Panels attached to it.

I was wondering how to add the driver to my Zipatile.

The driver is build into the cupboard and my Zipatile is attached to the wall so it is not easy to get those two near together.

Also, it is now paired with the Ikea Hub/Gateway/Bridge. Does it need to be removed first, before I can pair it to the Zipatile?

I also have the Ikea 'puck' remote. Can that be used in conjunction with the Zipatile?

Hope you can help,

Regards,Robbert

Replies (3)

photo

Hello. Is the IKEA Trådfri drivers not yet supported? I have a feeling I saw another user stating both the 10W and 30W was working and this was some time ago??

photo

Hi, I have 30w version working with zipabox. Don't know about 10w version.

Kind regards Janne

photo

Thanks Janne! Was it you who I remember mentioned this before some time ago? I remember that the wrong link was included in the message but later updated?

Anyway. Is it working properly for you?

Was it easy to add the device?

Did you have to do a special routine?

Like being really close or similar?

Thanks!! Henning

photo

Hello, yeah, it was me.

I have two devices installed, one in kitchen counter and one in hallway. They have worked without any problems. Inclusion process went ok, no problems. Device was about 5m away from zipabox. Including was similar to other ikea light devices. Zipato team had to configure the device after first inclusion but second one worked straight away. I can recommend these products as part of creating home's light solutions.

Janne

photo

Thanks for sharing!

Have you also added any Ikea Trådfri GU10 light bulbs? I bought one to test but it was not easy to add? So I plan to return it....

// Henning

photo

No problem😃

Sorry, no experience with gu10 bulbs.

photo
photo

Any news from you Robbert? Did you get this to work with the help from support?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file