Fibaro Heat Controller with Virtual Thermostat PRO

Sean C shared this problem 6 years ago
Known

Hi Guys,

I've started installing Fibaro Heat Controllers (TRV) with temp sensors. They Install fine and show up as two temperature devices, a set-point temperature and room temperature. I've also created a virtual switch per device to be operated by the virtual thermostat.

My problems occur when I create the thermostat. I've tried every permutation of input/output setting (including adding the virtual switch as an output each time) but cannot get it to operate the switch. I can move the slider on the thermostat and this opens and closes the valve... but no switch action = no heat

Hope someone can point me in the right direction

Many thanks

Sean

Replies (5)

photo

Raise a Support Ticket. Perhaps the TRV has not have a descriptor.

photo

Thanks Attila, have done now

photo

Hi Sean,

I am encountering the same situation, the only difference is that I do not have the temperature sensors (from Fibaro).

Do you have any feedback from Support ?

My guess is that currently this valves are not fully supported on our Zipato systems. I tried to create a rule (see attachment), but I had partial results:

- Virtual Thermostat Pro is switching off Fibaro Heat Valve

- Set point does not work properly. I had tried several rule configurations but with unsuccessful results :(

regards,

Val

photo

I didn't get much help from support other than advice to upgrade my firmware which had no effect. I did however get it all working! So, my method...

I created a simple virtual switch for each room and a rule that "If A or B or C = On, set Boiler On, else set Boiler Off"

Then setup each Virtual Thermostat Pro with the Fibaro stat as an input AND output, the extra temp sensor as a Temp input and the virtual switch for that room as an output.

Then I discovered that the Stat needed to be set to AUTO... Then my virtual switch started to turn On and Off with the slider! YAY!

Then in "Device Browser" I clicked on Settings for each stat and set up a temperature timetable for each room.

Good Luck, I found it all very trial and error... but I got there :)

Sean

PS the extra temp sensor is useful for better accuracy, but I don't think is really necessary.

photo

Hi Sean,

I've also wanted to buy the fibaro temp sensor but at the moment it is not available on the german market.

I think we have similar approaches concerning the virtual switch / room and the necessary rule. Could you please attach a screenshot with your rule and another with the device settings for the virtual thermostat pro ?

How is the battery life in your case, I am not very satisfied with what I see.

In my case in almost 2 weeks I got a discharge of 37%....

Leave a Comment

Attach a file