This object is in archive! 

I've upgraded my Zipatile 1 from v2 and v3 and it works great!

Koen C. shared this idea 3 years ago
In Progress

Hi all,

For those who are hesitant to do so; I have upgraded my Zipatle 1 from v2 and v3 and it works great!

I have followed the guidelines here:

https://community.zipato.com/knowledge-base/article/zipato-v3-platform-migration-from-v2-to-v3

As promised, after the upgrade all my Z-wave devices were still available and functioning. Re-creating all virtual devices and rules took me more than a day (yes, I have quite a bunch of them), but the upside of the migration more than compensates for the time investment. The Google integration works well and the new app is much better than the old one.

A nice trick; through Google Home routines you can easily create custom commands for Zipato scenes (in all supported Google Assistant languages). I have used this extensively to create short commands to invoke numerous scenes.

I have one open issues (for which I've opened a support ticket): All my Fibaro z-wave dimmers and my z-wave curtains do not show up in Google. For now I fixed this by creating some more scene + routines. Zipato's Dino told me they're working on a fix.

Any questions? Let me know!

-Koen

Replies (2)

photo

I find the app is slow to start up. it takes quite a while before you can switch on a lamp, for example.

in the demo environment ... what is your experience?

photo

I don't see any difference in speed between the v2 and v3 apps.

But the whole point of my switch is not to have to use the app anymore. I have 50+ rules to automate everything that can be automated plus my house is full of Google Home speakers so I can control everything I cannot automate by voice.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file