How to add homeasy switches?

Oliver Schwab shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi,

just got my Zipabox and I am now wondering how to add my homeasy switches. I have the 433 add on, but no clue how to proceed.....

Please help.

Best regards,

Oiver

Replies (10)

photo

Ivan wrote:

Hello Oliver,

Which HomeEasy devices are you looking to use?

CoCo, KlikAnKlikUit, Nexa, Chacon and HomeEasy are synonyms most of time as the protocol is the same.

We haven't had any HomeEasy branded devices for test yet, but they should work without any additional work around the protocol part. Devices will be added to the list as we test them out.

In the meanwhile, you can try adding them as Coco, Nexa, Chacon devices we currently support with similar functionality. When you start "add new" device in the Control Center you will get a drop down list of currently supported protocols and devices at the same time

If you're UK based, we're also supporting LightWaveRF devices.

Regards,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Your reply is partly true. HomeEasy comes in 3 flavours: UK, EU and CN. The UK flavour is compatible with CoCo-protocol. I am not sure about the CN protocol. However the EU protocol is definitely not compatible with CoCo and therefore not supported bij Zipato yet. That is a pity because I have a lot of these devices in my garden. It would help if Zipato makes a generic rc for this protocol (i c an send you the details of this protocol in C++).

Regards,

John

photo

Hi Ivan,

I am located in Germany and currently using the HE420 and HE801S from Homeeasy.

The Homeeasy Support was one reason to buy the Zipabox, so I hope the information provided by John is not as critical as it looks like.

So the support of the EU Hoemeasy proucts is highly appreciated.

Do I have to place the Zipabox near to the Homeeasy equipment to get them recognized (like stated for Z-Wave products) or does the Zipabox "scan" and find them also being some meters away?

Regards,

Oliver

photo

Hi John,

I'm sorry, I remember I said I'll get these devices in the lab, but somehow they slipped through the cracks. Will push to get them now, still have your list.

Any 433MHz protocol information is welcome, please send to tsecen at zipato.com

Oliver, I'll try to get your devices in the lab and support them too.

With 433 devices, during discovery Zipabox listens to signals from transmitter devices (you have to activate them), and sends signals to receiver devices (you have to put them in learn mode).

--

Thanks,

Tom

photo

Hi Tom,

any Progress on the support of my Homeeasy devices?

Regards,

Oliver

photo

Hi Oliver,

We've got some devices in the lab.

Good thing is their transmitters transmit both HomeEasyEU and CoCo/ARC protocol. However their receivers respond poorly to CoCo/Nexa transmitters (pairing their plug with Coco remote and activating it works intermittently).

So while we take on HomeEasy protocol, you may have some luck trying to use your devices as similar ones from Coco/Nexa.

--

Thanks,

Tom

photo

Hi Tom,

first of all I wish you and the Zipato team a happy and healthfull year 2015!

Finally I had some time to try your proposal.

As I already have the homeeasy switch HE843 I have tried to add it as CoCo AWST-8800 and Nexa LWST-615 - both failed. This might be due the fact, that the HE843 is a double switch while the other devices are just single switches. Unfortunately I could not find the corresponding double switches CoCo AWST-8802 and Nexa LWST-605 in the Zipabox device list. Nevertheless I thought at least one switch should work fine ......

Maybe I did something wrong? I have put the Zipabox in "listening mode" (add device) and triggered the switch (which I thought should be enough to be recognized).

Any advice here?

How is your progress supporting the EU Homeeasy devices? These are quite famous in Germany as you can buy these in nearly very home store.

Many thanks & Regards,

Oliver

photo

Hi there,

although this Topic seems to be closed. Is there any Progress on the HomeEasy protocols?

I still had no lick to join them as Nexa or CoCo devices and I would like to keep my HoneEasy Setup for several reasons.

Regards,

Oliver

photo

Still waiting for the HomeEasy support ......

photo

me too

photo

+ one more

Leave a Comment

Attach a file