How do I authorize RFID tags with the Zipato Mini Keypad

JayBee shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Can someone please explain the procedure on how to authorize tags with the Mini Keypad.

I am sorry to say that I can't figure it out from the manual...

Replies (16)

photo

The manual isn't great is it.

You press either the Home or Away button and hold the tag over the LED at the top of the keypad.

photo

Login to my.zipato.com and open the "General widget"

Click "Total devices"

In the "Device manager" locate your Zipato Mini Keypad RFID

Open the main folder and click on the child in the browser named "Keypad"

Click on the "Configuration" tab

There are 10 slots available. Click on one that is "AVAILABLE" and enter a name for the slot (e.g. "My fob").

For the second field from the left, select an already registered user for this slot.

Next click the "Learn" button.

On the RFID sensor, click "Home" or "Away" button. Then touch the fob on the sensor.

The fob will be registered

photo

Hi Marcus, I am not able to see "Learn" under configuration. Infact "keypad" child object doesnot have nay configuration tab.. it further has some child objects out of which one is "UserCodes". This one has the configuration tab and available slots. I used this to set up the "Pin" for arming and disarming. But there is no "Learn" mode. Please see attached image.

photo
photo

@David - what do you use as a "squark" to indicate that the alarm is on when you return home?

/Marcus

photo

I use the Zipato RGBW Bulb (Green=off = Red=On) with GEO location of my phone.

photo

If I see a red LED on the Zipabox I know the alarm is on.

I also use this method to know it has been activated when I leave the house.

photo

@HeroS. That is awesome. How did you set that up?

photo

I created this rule (see attachment) to know my alarm is on or off. Works great and does not wake up the kids outside of the hours in the rule :) By the way, I also use the keypad with RFID for me and my wife (we both have an RFID). See this youtube clip I created yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmc7t5j53sg

I am now also using the setup HeroS is using but with my iPhone using Geofancy. It's a free app that can trigger HTTP endpoints (GET/POST) based on location. So I created a virtual meter with a couple of configuration parameters that have an endpoint set to 0 (away) or 1 (home). If all variables are 0 then no one is home and the alarm automatically turns on. When one of the variables becomes 1 the alarm shuts off. I get push msgs of every toggle in the alarm.

photo

Can somebody please make the manuals (step by step) for geolocation (with geofancy) ???

I would like to use it for ALARM (arm & disarm).

Please.

photo

Look here:

http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/geo-locatie-tracking-automateitapp

Geofancy should work the same.

>> Make a virtual meter

>> Use Geofancy to put the values in the meter

>> Make sure that quickarm is on (in alarm/dashboard=)

>> Make some rules that switch on/off the arm with the virtual meter

photo

HeroS - please update your manuals (http://www.domotica-blog.nl/post/geo-locatie-tracking-automateitapp) with app for IOS.

Every month I see one of the options, but since I'm not skilled as some other users - I do not succeed.

This would help many people ...

photo

Look at my website and use the old UI to get the right urls from the virtual meter.

photo

and then, what to do next ???

photo

Any app for android that does the same?

photo

Sorry, didnt read well enough It IS for android:)

photo

Hi.

I only get 2 tags working alerting on and off with of 6 rfid tags I have registred. what is wrong? it is possible to reprogram the tags that is not responding? how do i do that .

Leave a Comment

Attach a file