This object is in archive! 

Rule problems WAIT function and Send Message (e-mail)

Theo van den Dolder shared this problem 9 years ago
Known

I'm having issues with the rule creator at the moment.

Suddenly rules with a WAIT stopped working.

I have several rules with a WAIT in it. These rules don't work anymore.

I a made a new test rule with and without the WAIT in it.

Without the wait the rule works, with a WAIT function it don't work.

It looks like rules in the dashboard are not in sync with the zipabox

Replies (25)

photo

Problems with synchronize rules are related to the new GUI, with the old interface rules are in sync again.

Problem with the WAIT function still persist.

photo

Same issue here, i created a support ticket with Zipato yesterday (no response yet)

It's specific the WAIT component since the rule will work if you remove the WAIT component from the rule.

Hope they fix it soon, kind off had it with the issue solved and new issues arise thing with Zipato. It feels like a second job to keep this system running at home.......

photo

Part of my rules with WAIT function works, but not the part from wait fuction and forward.

In the rule shown in picture (I have six of those "running") the motion turns on the light, but they are supposed to turn off the lights if no motion (WAIT) for xx seconds.

Tried disabling all of the rules, and syncing one and one back on... Same issue..

photo

My box has also the last "433 MHz fix" to FW version "2i".

it seems like function SET is also having problems in some rules.

photo

Same issue here. The wait is not working.

Funny thing is in fact it's working with me when I try it with a light switch but it's not working with my 433 mhz shutters.

photo

Same issue here. The wait is not working. My lights are burning all the night!!!

photo

Will be working tonight. It should be related only to the new rules. Sorry for inconvenience:-(

photo

The same problem for me, all my new or updated rules with wait component do not work :(

photo

Is this fixed now since Nicolas mentioned this issue still 2 hours ago and i understood from Sebastian this was fixed last night????

photo

I am not sure it has been fixed last night because it was not working this morning.

photo

Slashroot wrote:

Is this fixed now since Nicolas mentioned this issue still 2 hours ago and i understood from Sebastian this was fixed last night????
Yes but Nicolas tried this last night and wrote this post two hours ago...

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Slashroot wrote:

Yes but Nicolas tried this last night and wrote this post two hours ago...

Hi Sebastian,

It was not working last night but also this morning at 8:30am (Paris hour). It will try again tonight if you are so sure it is working now. An official update about this issue would have been really appreciated.

photo

To make it even worse, rules with wait still don't work, but now even rules without wait using a motion sensor do not work either.

I tested further and it looks like no rules are working. I created even a rule with a scheduled task and a light and that doesn't work either.

Sorry but i am starting to get on a level of not being happy anymore with this system....

photo

I have to agree with Slashroot: I tested again just right now and it still doesn't work. Sorry...

Sebastian, you can contact me if you need more information.

photo

I disabled ALL my rules

Reinstalled that "i" firmware version using the API

Enabled rule that turn on light if motion ELSE turn off and that seems to work

Disabled the rule described above and enabled original with motion and TImer and did a sync

Still old rule executed

Removed old Rule and sync

Still old rule executed while rule has been removed

After 10 minutes suddenly this enabled rule with timer started working

Will see if the timer does work but need to wait 20 minutes so i will report back my findings after

photo

I shortened the time in the rule and it seems to work that the wait time is used and after no motion for X time the lights do turn off :)

photo

On my system the WAIT function is back online.

But not all functions are working.

The SET function in my heating rules is also having problems and perhaps related to the WAIT function issue.

Setting (by a rule) thermostat_setpoint to 22 degrees this value is not being set in the Danfoss valve.

When i adjust the thermostat_setpoint to 22 degrees with the buttons on the Danfoss valve this new value is received by the Zipabox so communication is OK

photo

Some of rules are working, others are not.....

I changed the rule for motion with wait to a higher wait time and 10 minutes after the change it's still not waiting longer to turn off lights (old is 10 sec and new 20 minutes)

I also have rule that turns of a tv in the house at 8 PM and that rule also did not execute

Looks like sync is not working properly, servers are overloaded or we got some new bugs added to the system :)

photo

I went into the OLD gui and see that rules that had been touched or created using the new GUI are ALL giving the RED save button like they need to be saved (i saved all of them now also using the OLD GUI)

Some off the rules that i have been using for months are suddenly now invalid according to the OLD gui.

What is weird but could be nice if it's not an issue is that synchronizing in the OLD GUI takes quite some time and in the New it will take 1-2 seconds.

photo

I changed the value in the wait condition and it is working for me this morning.

I hope problems will be solved for everybody soon.

photo

All my rules are working properly now, included wait functions

Had to reboot the box first

photo

My rules are working again including the WAIT command AND my shutters are functioning again so happy again (for now) :)

photo

Jimmy, you forgot to put the time function in the 2nd part of the rule.

photo

I have problems with my rules too. This week they didn't work. I'd deactivated them and activated them again and some of the work now.

There are some rules that not work. I dicovered that when i open that rules and nothing changes, but i still saved them again. I get the message 'rule is empty'. After that the rule indicate 'invalid'

When I change the rule then and save it again it is OK. When I change it then again to the originally rule and saved it again. It is OK.

The only acception is when there is a WAIT statement in the rule.

Then i get the message: javac: unreachable code.

Remove the wait statement and it is ok again

photo

In the new firmware 0.9.999.3 the problem with the WAIT action persist. Same message when I try to use the WAIT and then save the rule: javac: unreachable code

Leave a Comment

Attach a file