This object is in archive! 

API stream of changes

Jerome H. shared this question 9 years ago
Need Answer

I recently received my Zipato box and am fiddling a bit to get a grasp of its potential. Watching over the API documentation I can't find a stream I can plugin to to get updates/notifications about device changes in my network.

Am I missing something or do I have to check each endpoint individually? And if yes, do I need to poll it myself or is there a way to get notified about changes for that endpoint?

Replies (4)

photo

Camera stream should be first setup depending of camera which you are using. Only in case you are using some of our supported cameras (only foscam and our own at the moment, but we will add much more soon), you can get the stream upon including the camera.

As for the polling, this is currently the only option in the new API, but very soon, MQTT will be available...

photo

9 months ago, MQTT was soon available. Can you provide me the info? I'm looking very forward to do something with MQTT

photo
photo

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your quick reply and good to hear that MQTT will soon be available. That would make reacting to changes a lot easier.

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

Camera stream should be first setup depending of camera which you are using. Only in case you are using some of our supported cameras (only foscam and our own at the moment, but we will add much more soon), you can get the stream upon including the camera.

As for the polling, this is currently the only option in the new API, but very soon, MQTT will be available...

Sebastian, you wrote foscam is supported. You will find some responses from me in the last days about the foscam. Can you tell me how to get a thumbnail - all other problems I got solved by myselfe.

THX

photo

Any update on MQTT availability?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file