mini keypad RFiD

Marcus Bäckström shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Hi, i´m starting to believe that there is something wrong with my mini keypad.

The Keypad register ok on the zipabox, but i can´t register the RFiD-tags.

When i click on the "learn" button to register a tag, a popup window shows for a second, saying "Failed to learn new code". Then a countdown for 30 sec starts saying "Waiting for new code".

I can´t get the keypad to work without the tags either.

I have read nearly everything in this forum about the keypad, but i can´t get this to work.

Can anyone please help med with this.

Replies (6)

photo

Have you tried more than just the tag that came with the Keypad?

Also have you tried using the old dashboard?

photo

Yes, i have tried with different tag´s. i have 4 extra tag´s, have tried them all.I have not tried with the old dashboard, will do that tonight.

I will uninstall the keypad, and then install it again from the old dashboard.

photo

I managed to learn 1 tag through the new dashboard, but am having trouble selecting users. I have 2 users setup, but in the dropdown it only shows the owner user. When even selecting that it wont allow to operate the alarm.......

Click learn and then enter on keypad, this will learn the code.

photo

Did you check that the user has rights for the Alarm system?

Go to users / settings and check if Alarm is enabled

photo

Old thread i know, but just learnt something - if you're trying to configure the users and learn PINs and RFIDs, if it seems like it's ignoring you, it's because you're trying to learn the same code it already knows. To prove it's working, learn a new code, then relearn the code you want.

photo

Dear Marcus,

The message "Failed to learn new code" error most frequently occurs when you try learn already learned code on the same slot. Therefore, you can try what Steve recommend or perform learning code on the unused slot.

But, if your issue repeats open a Ticket at support.zipato.com and provide us with the serial number of your Zipabox so we could examine your issue.

Best regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file