Repeat rule doesn't work

POKEN shared this question 9 years ago
Need Answer

Is there any known issue with the “repeat” rule? I can’t get it to work, or do I

need something else together with repeat as Join or stop?

Replies (10)

photo

Hello Poken,

Your rule does not make sens to me, maybe you only need to modify the rule?

photo

no repeat rule in the box

photo

Hello Lars,

Try to find repeat rule in old user interface

photo

I am not sure what you trying to acclompish, but I guess that this an effort to force switch off some 433 Mhz devices. I am not familiair with the repeat ( have never used it) but if you try to force switch off some 433 Mhz devices this is not going to work. The first of the repeat you switch off the devices and the zipabox set the state attribute to false. The following cycle of the repeat the box sees a false state of the device and the action is never executed. You can force the command to be executed by setting the state attribute to true before the action is executed.

For 2-way protocol devices (i.e. z-wave) your repeat is useless.

photo

Is it possible to set only state attribute to true, without actually not turn switch "on"?

photo

Yes you can. However it is only usefull for 1-way protocols like 433. You can use the set statement in the rules creator.

photo

Yes, I have some Nexa switches that I want to send On and Off signals tree times, to be sure that they turns On or Off.

photo

Nice, that is good to know.

photo

Hi.

You don't need to set state attribute to retransmitt on or off to 433Mhz devices.

I've got a few rules that sends on/off commands three times with a short wait between. Both as actions and as scenes.

It won't be recorded in the zipato logs, but it will acutally send the command to the device.

I've got my tellstick net still connected and have the same code in tellstick as in zipato. And in the tellstick logs, I can see that it has recorded three incomming signals.

photo

Very interesting. Very sad that you can't logg inputs from 433 Mhz devices in Zipabox. And very interesting that Tellstick can monitor Zipabox.

I have som problems with Scenes that are very slow or not executed. And I have a mix of Nexa 433 and Zwave. I have one scene that should turn of all lights and are sometimes not executed.

photo
photo

I try some rules but “repeat” doesn't work

Leave a Comment

Attach a file