Just FYI: again offline!

Simone Biagini shared this problem 9 months ago
Known

As the title say, box again offline 6 days after the previous outage.

If you look at the zipabox, it appear online, steady green.. But if you try to control your home.. Tadaaann! Box offline and no control.

As usual no local control.

So in this moment I have a green and white Paperweight.

Replies (16)

photo

Bonjour, à quoi est-ce que c'est du point d'interrogation le problème vient-il de chez zipato ?

photo

Yes, the issue come from zipato.

The box appear connected to the server with it's green led steady green (when offline/disconnected the zipabox led blink in green color), but the app (and web ui) show the box offline and it's impossible to interact with devices.

With a reboot, the box come back online near the end of the boot process and next, at the end, turn back offline in the app. The local connection never working as expected (the box - theorically- can be connected with the app locally.. But never worked for a large amount of users).

Fortunately I activated the mqtt client on zipabox, and I integrated it into home assistant.. So many devices can now controlled by my home assistant installation, locally, through mqtt. But some functions like virtual alarm it's too time consuming to integrate well..

Fortunately Last night I was protected by the alarm I built into home assistant using sensors integrated by mqtt..

photo

Pour ma part j'ai une Thombox, mais maintenant ils passent par zipato.

Le voyant vert clignote, ce qui indique un problème de connexion à Internet.

Je pensais que ça venait de ma box, j'ai donc essayé avec une deuxième thombox que j'ai sous la main et le problème est le même.

Il règle ça en combien de temps en général ?

photo

Zipato is "slowly shutting down" the v2 platform (zipabox v1, thombox etc etc).

As usual they do not say when, how.. Like they done with everything.

Looking at the past (I own zipabox v1 since the product was a BETA) this is the way that ylthey works. No ETA, no news, no malfunctions alerts, nothing. You find your box unworking and stop.

They was quick in THE PAST to solve issue after opening a ticket.

Now it's clear that they want users to abandon the old platform.

This is the reply to my support ticket:

"Hello,

We are slowly shutting down V2 platform.
Keep in mind we do not support the V2 platform since 1.1.2022. we recommend you to migrate to the V3 platform. https://community.zipato.com/knowledge-base/article/zipato-v3-platform-migration-from-v2-to-v3
We recommend you to upgrade your controller to Zipabox 2 or Zipatile 2, since Zipabox 1 and Zipatile 1 is an old piece of hardware we do not produce nor their firmware.

Looks like an hardware issue.

Regards"

Obviously I never buy anything again from zipato, I hate that approach, the lack of communication, and many other things. But I expect/hope they recover the system ASAP.

If they not I'll throw the zipabox out of the window, recreate my Zwave network under home assistant and bye bye zipato. I want to do it since a lot of time ago but I ever lack the time to rebuild my Zwave network.

photo

D'accord, c'est pas cool ont a tout de même payer pour un produit qui deviens bientot inutilisable....

photo

As usual Zipato counterdict there self. And I love to talk with proof:

https://community.zipato.com/announcement/zipato-v2-platform-end-of-support-life

In bold at the end:

ADDON:

1. Zipato V2 will !!!CONTINUE TO WORK!!! as it did so far although there will be no upgrades or support for it. At one point V2 will be shut down due to its obsolescence but you will be notified.The recommendation is to transfer your systems to V3.

photo

Le problème est il réglé de ton côté ? Pour ma part ça ne fonctionne toujours pas

photo

Bonjour, j'ai le même problème avec ma thombox depuis trop jour. Le voyant vert clignote toujours... Avez vous trouvez une solution ?

photo

Bonjour, non.

J'ai tenté de migner vers zipato V3,mais ça ne fonctionne pas la box étant hors ligne.

J'espère que ce n'est pas là fin ....

photo

They are ignoring me, they are simply saying that they not provide support for the old platform.

I have no words to describe.

Fortunately I have enabled mqtt in zipabox and I have an home assistant installation that via mqtt is able to control something.

I'm starting my holydays in 5hrs and they left me out of my home.

I'll neve buy a single thing from zipato in the rest of my life.

photo

C'est quoi mqtt?

photo

It's a simple protocol. An mqtt client can connect to a broker (server) and exchange simple text messages (json format) : this is common in iot devices.

Fortunately zipato added an mqtt client in the firmware (can be activated only with API) so I connected the zipabox with my mqtt broker inside my lan.. And than I integrated main sensors and switches in my home assistant installation, so I can check and operate some devices. But I not integrated alarm and other things.

BUT obviously to activate it through api you need connection to the box.. But..

You opened a support ticket? They replied?

They simply reply me that no more support is provided for v2 🤬🤬🤬

I don't want "support", I only need my box back online. And I can't do nothing myself.

photo

Merci pour les explications. J'ai fait une demande par mail je n'ai aucune réponse.

À qui vous adressez-vous pour ouvrir un ticket ?

Pareil pour moi ma box est en hors ligne je ne peux rien faire.

A ce demander si ils n'ont pas arrêté les serveurs définitivement.

photo

Merci pour les explications. J'ai fait une demande par mail je n'ai aucune réponse.

À qui vous adressez-vous pour ouvrir un ticket ?

Pareil pour moi ma box est en hors ligne je ne peux rien faire.

A ce demander si ils n'ont pas arrêté les serveurs définitivement.

photo

Hi,

V2 has issues for last few days.

We are working on it.

regards

photo

Hi, the problem comes from you ?

photo

Hi,

V2 should be working now.

Pls. check. (most likely physical reboot will be necessary).

regards

photo

Je viens de redémarrer le problème est toujours présent, ça ne fonctionne pas

photo

Idem pour moi, cela ne fonctionne pas !

photo

Hi,

I would need your serial to check.

Can you open a ticket and let me know id of the ticket here (so you serial is not publicly announced).

Thanks

photo

Comment vous communiquer le numéro de série ?

photo

Comment ouvrir un ticket ?

photo

On the home page when you login to community.zipato.com you have a tab "submit a ticket".

Regards

photo

Idem chez moi. Cela ne fonctionne pas !

photo

J'ai ouvert un ticket

photo

Pareil pour moi depuis le 1 aout

photo

J'ai eu une réponse.

Les serveurs sont arrêtés, et les box ne sont plus compatibles...

En gros l'alarme ne sert plus a rien

photo

Pour info, elle est repassée online depuis ce matin.

photo

@ Xav27 - information is not correct.
V2 is running

photo

Cela refonctionne pour moi !!! A l'instant

photo

Moi ma box n'est plus sur mon compte, impossible de la rajouter

photo

Because you unregistered it from V2

photo

Comment la remettre ? Dois je le faire sur v2 ou V3?

photo

I believe that Mateo already answered in the ticket.

Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!