This object is in archive! 

433Mhz module howto?

RonS shared this question 10 years ago
Need Answer

Hi there all,

I have started with a Zipabox next to Homeseer en Fibaro, i am very excited about the 433Mhz module but really don't know how to setup it.

Is there anyone who can tell where to start?

Are Elro (home easy) modules also supported?

thanks

Ron

Replies (12)

photo

433Mhz inclusion process goes different then Z-wave. There is not data exchange between the device and Zipabox, so you need to select particular device from the ADD NEW DEVICES LIST before starting inclusion process. This is why it is recommended to use only devices which are listed as supported. However, if you are sure that some unlisted devices are basically the same as some listed devices, you can do the inclusion process by selecting the listed device (good example are the COCO and NEXA devices).

photo

Sebastian,

I have Elro (homeeasy) plug-in sockets whiteout any button for including, how can i add such device?

I have added a coco device which is not working, how can i remove that from the device list?

photo

RonS wrote:

Sebastian,

I have Elro (homeeasy) plug-in sockets whiteout any button for including, how can i add such device?

I have added a coco device which is not working, how can i remove that from the device list?

It is easy to remove it, just go to device manager (total devices), right click on device and klick DELETE. (however coco is supported very well)

As for the Elro, we don't have experience with them so I can't tell for sure whether they will work "out of the box" or we should get them in our lab first.

You don't need any inclusion button, it is enough if you just turn it on/off after pressing JOIN DEVICE button in the Zipato dashboard.

photo

Sebastian, can i see in the dashboard if the 433 module is installed?

photo

RonS wrote:

Sebastian, can i see in the dashboard if the 433 module is installed?
If you don't get the message "you don't have selected network" while trying to add 433Mhz device, it means it is installed properly. However, it can always be some working problem, but it is rare...

photo

I am sorry to disapopoint you a little bit, but the Elro Home Easy EU devices are currently not supported by the box. The Elro protocol differs a little bit from the regular CoCo / Chacon etc protocol.

To implement the ELRO protocol, just for the the wall plugs, would be very, very,helpfull.

photo

I have also a KlikAaanKlikUit (CoCo) module (PAR-1000) with a wheel on the backside (abcd-123), does anybody know if this model is supported?

photo

@RonS hi Ron so far i know it is not supported and it will not supported.

photo

Try to join your PAR-1000 as a CoCo AC-1000 wall socket, it just might work.

photo

Marko Katić wrote:

Try to join your PAR-1000 as a CoCo AC-1000 wall socket, it just might work.
Hi Marko,

I don't believe this is going to work. PAR-1000 has an old CoCo behaviour. That is: the unique code for the device is set by the wheel on the back. With the new CoCo protocol this code is learned by the receiver when the transmitter (Zipabox) is transmitting this code when adding a device. You can be lucky (one of a million), but i do not think so.

photo

No, the wheels are for setting the unit code, not the unique id of the remote. The wheel enables you to have multiple devices that can be controlled by a single remote. The unit code is not so much relevant to Zipabox since each receiver device is associated with a virtual unique remote control, so to speak.

Just set the wheel on your PAR-1000 to "1" and try to join it as a a CoCo AC-1000, it just might work.

photo

Marko Katić wrote:

No, the wheels are for setting the unit code, not the unique id of the remote. The wheel enables you to have multiple devices that can be controlled by a single remote. The unit code is not so much relevant to Zipabox since each receiver device is associated with a virtual unique remote control, so to speak.

Just set the wheel on your PAR-1000 to "1" and try to join it as a a CoCo AC-1000, it just might work.

Hi,

I see. Setting the wheel one 1 is the best bet then. I have tried it here with no luck ( I found one left in the box) but that device could be broken....

Leave a Comment

Attach a file