Delay in updating rules?

Erik S. shared this question 8 years ago
Answered

Hi,

I'm having problems updating my rules. This has happened two days in a row. I could not get the rules working after trying a couple of hours yesterday. Finally I gave up and went to bed. When I woke up, the rules had started working. Delay in synchronization?

Tonight, I have the same problems.

I changed a rule, removing a push message, but it still seems stuck in the system somewhere. It doesnt seem like the rule is updated with the new HTTP Request action (see rule 3 at the screenshot). The rules are synchronized correctly, and I got no errors. I have also tried to reboot the box, but still the same problems. The screenshot of all my rules are attached. It's only three simple rules with no "send message", but I still get the push message i defined previously.

Is this a bug?

Regards,

Erik

Replies (3)

photo

Update: It doesn't seem like waiting for a period of time solved the problem. Approx 12 hours after I have synced the rules, rule nr. 3 still sends me a push message when the virtual switch is ON. The send message puzzle has been replaced with a HTTP request puzzle as shown in the screenshot.

Regards,

Erik

photo

I resigned and did a factory reset, but now I'm banging my head into an another problem preventing me from adding any devices.. ugh: https://community.zipato.com/topic/network-not-available-when-adding-a-new-device-on-a-fresh-box

photo

Hi Milan,

Thank you for the response. I did a factory reset and hence all my rules got deleted, but I will follow the tips in the post you provided if I stumble upon this problem once more.

I see now that I used non-latin charachters in my first two rule names (the norwegian char Å), maybe that caused the compiler to fail.

Regards,

Erik S.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file