Alarm - "user has no privilege" message and other weird things happening

Max Stephan shared this problem 8 years ago
Known

Hi,

I'm trying to use the iOS app as well as the RFID keypad to arm/disarm with multiple users.

First i've created my own master user, learned a RFID tag for myself, installed the iOS app and created rules to show the status of the arm/disarm using a HUE bulb (red meaning armed, green meaning disarmed) - This only worked fine after i rebooted the Zipato the hard way by replugging the power, before this the rules didnt work as supposed. Now I'm able to arm/disarm from both the keypad with my tag as well as the app, the status changes correctly, the bulb indicates the change, all fine.

As the next step i tried to add my wife the same way, so i created a user for her with "alarm" privilege enabled, i confirmed this user by clicking the link in the mail she received, and i also learned a new tag for her and configured it (i think correctly) in the GUI.

However after this i'm facing some weird behavior

• - The rules didnt work anymore - I had three different ones all triggering the bulb, for arm/disarm and for keypad entries, none of them triggered anymore. I still was able to arm/disarm with my own app/tag though - this was solved by replugging the power and is now gone
  • - In the device manager i got a "problem" indicated for the tag reader, but was unable to find what the problem was - This was solved by replugging the power and is now gone
  • - I am not able to arm/disarm with my wifes app or tag - I'm getting the message in the subject line although her user in the GUI has "alarm" privilege enabled
  • - I am not able to perform any changes on her user, i tried multiple times to disable/enable the alarm privilege and save my changes to the user, all i get is "save user failed"
  • - I am not able to select her user in the rule puzzle for notification, i only see my own user there

All in all the Zipabox software seems kind of pre-beta. I did expect there are some minor issues, but not that many after i just started to explore the capabilities. I had similar issues when i tried to connect my Hue bridge to the Zipabox, it only worked after i deleted it multiple times from the discovered devices and tried it again. And even now as it is connected it shows my 30+ devices all as "Philips Hue Bulb", neither taking care of the device type (some are plugs, some are LivingWhites, some are RGB bulbs) nor of the names i have configured on the Hue Bridge - it took me kind of ages to figure out which of these bulbs was the one i wanted to use for alarm status notification).

Is there any over central unit that the Zipato RFID keypad can be used with instead of the Zipabox ?

Thanks,

Max

Replies (7)

photo

SOLVED - Thanks to https://community.zipato.com/topic/arming-of-the-alarm-partition-xxx-failed-for-username-usersurname

Checked all options on that form, now it is working fine

photo

I was running into the exact same issue tonight attempting to add the second RFID tag. I wish those check boxes would have been shown in the video along with the section where you choose the Arm and Disarm device.

I'm assuming you're at the same point in your installation as I am. Have you set up PIN codes yet? I can't seem to get them to work.

photo

double post by mistake

photo

in fact i think of returning the Zipabox as all documentation available is here on the site, you have to search for it, you have to go through trial & error to get it to work, still the rules are not working stable, and still i have no response on the ticket i opened with them on the weekend as my rules stop working after some time. To me user friendliness, documentation and support they provide (in fact do NOT provide) is kind of the worst i have received so far, far away from the quality they claim.

Regarding pin codes i havent tried these and i dont plan to use them, i only need the RFID reader to work stable with some rules. Somewhere here or elsewhere on the web i found others with a solution for these pin codes, just try google. I will keep the RFID keypad as long as i can find some other software that works more stable and is more user friendly.

photo

I agree with you when it comes to support and documentation. I really want the device to work, partially because I'm outside of my return period (think open ticket for more than 1 month), and I have a ton of time invested in this thing.

It seems to be an uphill battle to get anything done and I'm wondering if that's why the device isn't very popular. I've talked to Z-Wave vendors who have never heard of the Zipato. That caught me off guard.

With regards to the alarm, do you have a device for both Arm Home and Arm Away? I've never had an alarm before and I'm struggling with how to handle the way I arm the device. My main door is the one in from the garage. If I arm it home, I have to have that door disabled because I use it when running to the garage for tools or something. Without some type of visual feedback of an armed alarm, I could very easily trip the alarm running out for a screwdriver or something if I had it armed Away.

I wish there was a hard wired keypad for this thing....

photo

i plan to use a Hue bulb for this - When i get into a room and the alarm triggers it is supposed to light up red, giving me sufficient time to turn off the alarm (there is a delay that can be configured somewhere in settings before the alarm is triggered).

The issue i'm facing right now is that when i play around to much with these rules they just stop working, and i have to physically unplug the Zipabox to get them to work again - No response on my ticket about this.

So right now I'm trying to find some other controller that works with the tag reader so i can return the Zipabox. The tag reader itself works fine for me it seems

photo

Having problems with rules seems to be common. I deleted a rule last night, synchronized my controller and the rule still works, although it's nowhere to be found.

Hopefully support replies to your ticket. I would give it a bump. I've done that before and they ended up responding.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file