This object is in archive! 

Blinds Rule with 2 buttons?

Jacob Wiqvist shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hello everybody!

Hi all, if someone cold help me I would be greatfull.

How do I create a rule to use two buttons to hoist up and down the blinds?

What I want is the following:

1) Pressing the button down.

2) Blinds start to go down.

3) When pressed again the down button stops the blind.

4) Or if I press the Up button also stops the blind.

5) Pressing the Up button starts rolling up the blind.

2 functions in one button= start and stop.

Pleas help!

Replies (9)

photo

There is an implementation that should work like you described.

Make a rule and connect one button to startChangeUp action and another button to startChangeDown action of the shutter. When you press UP, it goes up. When you press DOWN, it stops. If you press DOWN again, it goes down. I tested it some time ago and I think it was working.

photo

But I want this with the same switch. Start and stop

And preferably the same switch upp, stop, down

And also as another choice you want to work like Fibaro dimmer. On off short press, Press and hold dim upp/down, dubbel tap gives 100% light or 100% Blinds. This is the best funktion of a light switch.

But I tested your tip and it works absolutely perfect. It also seam to be in sync with the value of the blind that is 433 Mhz and can not give feedback.

photo

The switch I trie to use seem to have this funktion but, at the moment this does not work.

Both level control and the functions I am after.

Se the doc:

photo

Hi Jacob,

would a rule like this do the trick. let me know if it works. Note that you will have to set the variable to a value on first use. So either insert the first set variable puzzle above the first if block, run once remove it, or just create another rule to set the variable then delete it.

photo

Thank you Adrian!

Tested it but the blind only move a few cm then stop.

Thank you for answering, any other ide is welcome!

photo

Hey Jacob, this might be because you have a momentary switch. Did you try it with "when switch on" instead of "any"

photo

I tested this:

05814ac811bc84d332c18ed93c16a1e6

photo
photo

Could I do this with a couple of virtual switches? One for down, stop and upp?

photo

Her are the Swedish manual, but I don't think it helps.

photo

or try a when block first with "any" state, then an if block with "on" state, then the rest of the rule

photo
photo

I forgot to say in the video how great full I am to Zipato that this final start working. I have water one year for a stop function of the blinds in rule creator and now I have that. But and my Schneider switch work better and better. I also forgot to tell in the video that my blind is 433 MHz witch means it can not give feedback. But it in facts gives a artificial % valu. So if I run it to the middle of the window the software knows this and remember it. Super convenient.

Because the switches are very expensive, about 90 euro I want to treat every button like gold, to get as much functionality as possible from each button.

Best regards Jacob!

http://youtu.be/ZP7Le8vdTC4

photo

Don't getting closer....

Sometimes the variable get sent and sometimes not.

No luck hear!

Any one with ides of one button control?

d13a44a71ad3a497afbcd0912d4c29e3

The thing is with this two simple rules it works perfect and never miss a input. Not once. But with variabels the button seam to miss the input?

0a83bba2bd0e556772d01dab6df8285d

Leave a Comment

Attach a file