This object is in archive! 

Motion detection API

Alex Odarych shared this question 7 years ago
Answered

Hello,

we have just started integration with zipato and looking some API calls to set notification when motion occurs. I found information that we can set email for notification, but maybe we can set some remote URL which will be called with additional parameters when motion detected. Thank you.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Alex,

If I understand you correctly, you want to call an external URL whenever motion is detected by a motion sensor you have connected to your Zipa-whatever.

This is indeed possible: You need to create a rule which is triggered on motion detected. Inside this rule you have an action which calls the URL.

If I have misunderstood your question, and you have some non-connected motion detection system and you want Zipato-systems to be called via an URL from this external system when it detects a motion, this too is possible.

Zipato has an extensive self-help library of short videos which explain a lot, including how to add your first rule in the control center my.zipato.com.

photo

Yes, you are absolutely right with the first option. We wanna to make call with device identifier to our server when motion will detected. Is there any docs how to generate this rules from API. Looks like you are talking about https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/api/#!/rules but there is no description which fields should I set, which field I will get, and how to combine this rules.

photo

Alex just do this with the rules, see attached.

photo

Yeah, but my question is how to do this through API requests, not from dashboard.

photo

Dear Alex,

Our developer team told us that there is no API call that will notice you once a certain event occurs.

Best regards,

Pero Zovkic

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file