This object is in archive! 

How to make zipabox interact with my zipatile????

Willias Reis lemos shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

I have a zipabox is a zipatile What settings Needs to be done for both work together ??

Has anyone already done it?

Replies (6)

photo

This most likely is the cluster functionality. You will need to upgrade both controllers with PRO function and then follow the guide https://community.zipato.com/knowledge-base/article/how-to-create-a-cluster

photo

A doubt. After the cluster added in my zipatile gateway will be my controller, and my Zipabox as the extension drive. right?

Can I import the rules from zipabox to zipatile? Or am I going to have to create all the zipabox rules in zipatile?

photo

Well, apparently the cluster is a virtual controller that merges both controllers. This way no controller will be extension of another but all will be merged together.

No reason to import rules, everything should be merged together in one "virtual" controller.

photo

I think it depends what you want to achieve and if you are willing to pay the PRO license. If for example you need only to use the touch controls and buttons from zipatile into your zipabox, you could create a virtual meter in the zipabox and asign a different value to each gesture, then in your zipabox you could make a rule saying something like IF virtualmetervalue > 0 THEN do something SET virtualmetervalue=0. Until cluster gets a bit more polished I'm unsure of creating a cluster, I have read in the forum some issues with controllers in clusters, such as shedulers not working.

This is how I send ZT touch control commands to my zipabox as of right now.

photo

Could you show me an example @Alberto Macias ? It would help me a lot.

photo

Willias,

No problem, first go to your zipabox and create a virtual meter, this device will add you one device with several meters, you can name one for example "ZipatileInterlocks" on device manager, also while you are there copy it's URL from the settings screen, you can test modifying its value pasting that link into your web browser and at the end adding a numeric value, for example 5, should look something like this;

https://my.zipato.com/zipato-web/remoting/attribute/set?serial=YOURBOXSERIAL&apiKey=YOURDEVICEAPIKEY&value12=5

Now go to your zipatile and create a rule like the one attached, configuring the desired events to some numeric values, example 1=1 finger touch, 2=2 finger touch, etc. Use POST HTTP request puzzles to change the meter to the desired value based on the event. See rule "R1".

Now go to your zipabox and create a new rule, should look something like attached example "R2". Basically whenever the virtual meter's value is greater than 0 this rule will be run, then using IF commands you can compare if it's equal to 1, 2, etc. Do something within the IF statement and then set the meter to 0 again.

photo

Greetings @Alberto Macias

1-My rule does not run successfully, I'm not configuring HTTP correctly ! When I put the URL Of the virtual meter In my browser I assign any value, for example (value10=20), I have to put it that way In http settings? As shown in the attachment "ch1"

2-Do I have to put the same URL address of the zipabox virtual meter in zipatile?

Files: ch1.png
photo

Willias,

1. Yes, if you can change the value from your browser you can copy/paste the URL to the HTTP POST puzzle.

2. Actually the rule that uses the URL (HTTP POST) should be only on the zipatile. This is going to change zipabox virtual meter based on touch events.

I noticed in your rule your HTTP posts are being triggered by changes in a virtual meter. In the example I described, these are triggered by zipatile touch events (this rule resides on zipatile). Zipaboxe's side should be the one based on virtual meter value changes (if you are trying to recreate the same interlocks), see attached.

photo

Thank you so much, you helped me a lot.

photo

Greetings @Alberto Macias

I think I did what you said, Even so my rule did not executing, Below I left the rule of zipatile is zipabox Could you tell me where my error persists?

photo

Willias,

All your rules look good, not sure why is not working. Please double check the following;

1. Both controllers are online while performing the test.

2. "ZipatileInterlocks" meter value "ligar loja" should be value number 10, please check under device setting this matches. There are several values inside one virtual meter.

3. Add a push notification message or virtual switch to the zipatile rule, just to make sure the touch event you want to trigger the rule is actually working. This way you will be able to debug if the problem is on zipatile or zipabox.

I just tried with a different rule to another value in the same meter on zipabox and it did worked.

photo

If I have a zipabox with a 433MHz module controlling LightwaveRF lightswitches. I want to control these from my Zipatile without using clutering - how would I do this?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file