This object is in archive! 

Remotec ZRC-90EU

Jacob Berggren shared this question 6 years ago
Answered

I have added a Remotec ZRC-90EU and it added 7 groups and 3 scene groups under control. The remote has 8 buttons and each button has 3 functions. One press, two presses and held down. So, something is wrong. I tried using one of the groups but it won't respond to it. Is it not supported?

Replies (6)

photo

Hi, device is still not supported, just email me tomorrow, leave device included, and I will try to support it remotely.

photo

I have two ZRC-90EU devices added. Zipabox reports that they are ZRC-80 which is incorrect.

photo

Hi, try now to re-include it, now should be visible as 90 version.

It could be that you have range issue with installation

Related to Zwave issue range is characteristic for some devices, when adding devices to Zipato Controller, best practice is first to add device which are always ON, like switches, bulbs, shutters, first non-battery devices, after that you should use ZWNTUT, and after that inclusion of battery devices.

There you could use ZWNTUT and Adjusting power dBm (when controller is discovering direct neighbors and mash network is created).

Between Zwave controller and last node in mash network should be at most 4 non-battery nodes.

Imagine Zipato controller is in the hall, and first direct nodes in the first circle are in the closest rooms, second circle devices are also non-battery but they do not have direct communication with controller, than they have one node between them and main controller, after adding all non-battery devices, battery devices should be added.

http://www.vesternet.com/resources/technology-indepth/understanding-z-wave-networks

There is an example for always on devices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDbyNgNBeZ0

You can always ZWNTUT on battery device, which should be woken up.

Under settings for each device you can find advanced tab with visible neighbor nodes

What is the size of flat? How thick are the walls?

Where is Zipa controller placed, and where are placed devices/sensors which are not in the range?

Are they in the same room as Zipa controller or different?

photo

It's working great now. Thanks!

photo

Hi,

Perhaps you can help me.

I've recently bouht one of these devices (Remotec ZRC-90) and altough I'm able to include it and it appears on My rules as an actuator, it doesn't shows as an control device.

So I'm unable to activate any scene to any of the buttons.

I'm doing something wrong? what I've to do to fix this?

Best regards,

Pedro Viana

photo

Hi Pedro

this device should work now...I have 2 of them and I can use all 8 buttons with different actions. Maybe paste a pic of your rule where it is not working so we can see if you did setup your rule correctly.

Kind regards

Beat

photo

Thanks very much. I’ve solved the problem installing the beta version of the Zipatile.

But this is a solution I don’t like, next update I will return to the stable release.

Best regards,

PV

photo

Hi Pedro,

Well I don't think you will be happy with the stable release...I think most of the users in here are running the beta version.

Before updating to next beta version just come in here and check about problems with it. It is normally a matter of a few days untill the beta is "stable" as Zipato does a few minor updates always after.

Don't understand me wrong. I'm not happy with this too but you will realise that this is the only way to go...like with your Remotec device...

Kind regards

Beat

photo

Hello Pedro,

although this is an older thread, I would be grateful if you could help me with this device. I have purchased the Remotec ZRC-90 and was able to add it to the Z-Wave network. When trying to program it, I used the same kind of configuration I used with a Fibaro FGKF-601 controller. But instead of showing me all 8 buttons I only see attribute events.

Could you look in my configuration and help me with this?

Best regards

PS: Node ID:38

photo

Please install the last beta firmware and exclude and include this device again.

photo

Hello, I installed the Beta Firmware (1.3.44) and restarted the controller. Unfortunately nothing did change. I have attached some screenshots and for comparison one of the working Fibaro Remote.

I hope you can be of assistance!

photo

Hello again, I forgot to delete the device from my configuration. And see, now it is working as described by you! Although your help was useful, I am a little irritated I have to switch to betasoftware. Apparently that is the way to go. I will keep this configuration for future use.

photo

Hi CV

The last beta firmware is usually the most reliable firmware. You have to know zipato needs currently all ressources for the new application and zipabox 2 + zipatile 2. Only in case of problems they give you the advice to get on the newest beta firmware. If they would say "here is the new official firmware 1.3.44" thousends of customers would upgrade and then they have also thousends of additonal questions. That would be to much at the moment.

I have over 100 devices, including virtual devices even over 200 and I have also over 200 Rules. I can say it works very well with last "beta" firmware 1.3.44.

photo

OK. I´ve understood. I will keep using the betasoftware from now on. Thank you for your support!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file