This object is in archive! 

Thermostat compatible

Martin Brinch Thomsen shared this question 6 years ago
Need Answer

Hi zipato. Is this thermostat compatible with zipabox? I have searched various forums, but did not find an exact answer, so I just whent straight to you. Please see Attachment.

Regards Martin Brinch Thomsen.

Replies (5)

photo

Yes, Eurotronic Spirit is supported.

photo

Thanks.

photo

Please note that I have 2 of these and that the internal temperature measurement is pushed forward to the Zipato system like supposed. I get only 1 or 2 temp changes via the day even when the temperature drops are significant.

You need to use any external temp sensor to get I working sufficient. Btw battery life is good so far.

Ticket open since weeks...no further answer than that the support needs some time to investigate....hope they will answer this year to my ticket

photo

Hello,

Spirit has changed the Product ID on their Z-Wave Plus Thermostat. As a result, incorrect configurations are loaded during teach-in and no measured temperature is transmitted.

I open a Ticket!

Workaround: Send the Thermostat the custom configuration Parameter 5, Size 1, Value 1 > original Value 5. it transmit temperature changes up to 0,1 degrees. but the battery consumtion is rising!

photo

May I ask which external temperature sensor you have used with spirit. I have tried the qubino flush thermostat via associations But without luck.

Martin.

photo
photo

May I ask which external temperature sensor you have used with spirit. I have tried the qubino flush thermostat via associations But without luck.

Martin.

photo

Hello Martin, add your temperature sensor within your virtual thermostat as temperature input device.

Thanks

photo
photo

Hello, now the internal sensor works. But I have a ticket opens regarding increased temperature reports and valve acting regardless I change the internal parameter 5 to delta 0,5 degrees. This setting seems to get ignored so far.

Tbc

photo

Is it possible to use only an external temperature sensor located in the middle of the room for 5 spirit valves. I think there is too much unnecessary activity on the valves using the internal sensors. By using one or two external sensors, one might get more stable activity / warming. Martin

photo

Hello, tried an external sensor like smoke sensor or door/ window (both Fibaro) no change in unnecessary valve acting or temperature report sending behaviour. Highly increased battery drain.

Ticket ongoing....

photo

Hey

Thanks for your help. would you let med know, if you come to a solution, and i will do the same. Martin

photo

Welcome....will do so once my ticket got solved

photo

Info: No updates yet...ticket still open and no further feedback so far

photo

Hello. okay I've tried various things to make it run optimally, but without luck. Do you know anything about running the thermostats in direct valve control mode and how to set the valve in this mode?

Regards Martin

photo

Hello, no sorry. I did it via the Virtual Thermostat and added the valve there....since the support from Zipato for this device, my battery drain is far from good ...ticket opened but still unsolved.

What you can try is to check the parameters for this device from the manual . May there is something you can set?

Anyhow my set delta temp reporting (0.5 degress, which is also the default setting) got ignored since the Zipato support of this device. Therefore I'm not sure if anything you may find there will work.

Regards

photo

Community update: NO feedback from the support so far. Ticket remains open and is unsolved.

Temperature reports will be sent even for very slight changes and valve is acting accordingly. This results in massive battery drain. My setting for sending temperature reports only for delta=0.5 degrees is ignored by this valve or the art of Zipato included this in their system.

I hopefully get an official reply to my ticket and a solution.

Thank you very much

photo

and what value do you get, when you read the param 5?

what wakeup interval do you have on this device?

photo

Hello, due to that there's no real wakeup interval (Flirs) the thermostat is always active and will send reports upon changes.

I set the temperature report to delta 0.5, which is also the default setting, but can read temperature changes within the app for changes like 0.2 degrees or less. The valve changes its position for e.g. from 47 % to 51% during two minutes or sometimes there's an movement each minute. Sometimes 20 minutes there's no change.

Anyhow the battery drain is highly increased once the mentioned full support of Zipato for this device.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file