This object is in archive! 

New firmware 0.9.999.3 unable to dimmer or turn out green led

Jacques shared this problem 9 years ago
Known

New firmware 0.9.999.3 unable to dimmer or turn out green led of the zipato box

Replies (8)

photo

How/where is that dimming done? (when it worked)

photo

its the green power light.

General/zipabox setting/green led brightness

photo

Hi, I have created a ticket for this issue and this was the response:

Hi John,

Take my apologies, I didn't had latest information when it comes to LED

notification brightness settings. This morning we released new firmware

version where Zipabox LED can't be completely turned off. This was

decided because we use Zipabox LED as indication of various box states,

including error ones. Recently we had few cases where users have

deactivated LED indication on the box and caused confusion during the

support.

Option to turn off LED indication will not be available from this firmware version.

Best regards,

Milan

I havn't tried to set intensity to 25% but if that doesn't work as well you should create a ticket at http://support.zipato.com

photo

Maybe it could be like if normal status = off and all errors still works?

photo

lol

I have created a ticket for this issue and this was the response:

1. Can you please give us more detail on this (print screen, device manufacturer/name/type, ...)?

so what ? Do they know or not ? It's not written in the firmware message, I do not agree with that decision at all.

25% doesn't work

photo

so now i need to have a green light in the living room? best location for range is of course where there is nothing in the way of the box. Normal no one notices the box but with a green light in you can not miss it.

make it possible to turn the light off for normal operation without errors. Or some off us must open up the box and cut the wires or modifie the box

photo

also made the same ticket for it.

same answer.

because of this same frustration I moved my zipabox to a different location in the house.

but I did notice. the notification led is led indicator on the zipabox(that is the led that is blinking when there is something wrong). and the led that is dimmed through the menu is button 1 (power on led?)

previous status:

leds where completely off. nothing on.

when I disconnect my network cable, the box starts blinking green (led indicator).

new status:

button 1 is always on (changeable through GUI and set to 25%)

when I disconnect my network cable, the box starts blinking green (led indicator).

photo

Rather confusing now. Today I did some experiments.The led indicator is always on. However in my case is button 1, in normal operation, never on.

When i plugged out the networkcable the following was happening: the led indicator starts blinking and the button 1 was going on. When I plugged in the networkcable button 1 went off and the led indicator was not blinking again.

So what is the real story for button 1?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file