This object is in archive! 

Nexa devices not working after 0.9.999.1 update

Jacob Berggren shared this problem 9 years ago
In Progress

After the latest update today my Nexa devices are not controllable. They work fine with a Nexa remote.

Replies (26)

photo

Nexa devices working for me after update. Reboot your box.

photo

Done that already a few times.

photo

Hi Jacob,

If the problem still remains please contact us on support@zipato.com with your user credentials and we will resolve your problem.

Kind regards,

Hrvoje

photo

Hi Jacob,

have they solved it for you? Because i have the same problem with the switches. Looks like the receiving part is ok: sensors and remote controls are doing fine.

regards,

John

photo

I just sent the e-mail to support. I'll update the thread when I know more.

photo

433MHz Oregon THGR810 Temperature and moisture sensors are not working for me after last firmware upgrade.

photo

After firmware update the control

of all RF433 (Nexa) devices

stopped working!!!

photo

Didn't help.

photo

None work with Zipabox. However I can control the nexa receivers with the nexa transmitters directly.

photo

These devices have 6 memory slots and I did reset them before rejoining them.

photo

Hi Domagoj,

I have exactly the same problems as Jacob.

It is not only a Nexa problem. But all my devices (Nexa, Chacon, Intertech) supporting the COCO-protocol have this problem. At least the RX-devices. The TX-devices (RC, motion, and dusk/dawn) are working properly. This afternoon I tried to add a new CoCo switch module. I cleared memory first and then tried to join it. The switch did not gave any response. After that experiment my conclusion is;

1. In the case of a CoCo-protocol the zipabox do not transmit at all or transmit with low power(can not measured that at this moment)

2. Or the zipabox is transmitting a wrong protocol.

photo

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my NEXA devices after installation of the 0.9.999.1.

Using the Dashboard I can see that signals from my NEXA remote Control are received by the Zipabox. The expected change of state occurs on the dashboard, but the switch doesn´t change state - so I guess that something is wrong with the transmission.

Trying to change the state of a switch manually from the dashbord gives the same result - change of state is indicated but the switch is unaffected.

Maneuvering of Z-Wave

switch from a NEXA transmitter works OK. After the update the communication

with the Z-Wave devices seems to be less robust - I get temporary fail

indications that I never have seen before.

photo

Oregon THGR810 working after re-joining.

photo

Hi Domagoj,

Either you did something. But I unplugged the box from power and ethernet.

Waited a few secs and plugged the connectors again in the sockets.

And you know what: Everything is working again.

photo

Do

magoj Pintaric wrote:

Hi John,

The strange thing is that we

tried two Nexa receivers here at our lab with two different ZipaBoxes

and the latest firmware and they work just fine.

We need to investigate further but I'm sure that there is a explanation and a fix for your problem.

Regards,

Domagoj

Hi Domagoj,

I did some further testing and discovered that there might be a range issue. In my previous post I said that it was working. At least for the devices in the same room. When i put the box to the original location problems started all over again. Putting the antenaa horizontal did fix some of my devices. But some devices werenot addressable. So i have put a repeater betwee these devices and the Zipabox. It is working but the solution is not perfect

photo

Unfortunately range is not the issue for me. My devices are 3 meters away with no walls. I have unplugged and moved to different outlets. I have rebooted the Zipabox both from the dashboard and cut power. Nothing helps.

My Z-wave devices works fine.

photo

Earlier this evening the support team managed to fix my Nexa problems. I will keep monitoring the devices the next few days.

photo

Hi Jacob,

What was the solution provided?

photo

You would have to ask the support team that.

photo

hi

i had the same problem with coco devices ... not working after update

but i got it working again .

the only thing i did is to interchange the antenne between the 433 module and the zipabox..

photo

With Zipabox latest firmware, I just today tried to add my Nexa devices. First I add Nexa PET-910 remote, and tested binding buttons to virtual switches. Work fine. Then I add one remote plug PER-1500. Still working. After that I tried to add on more PER-1500 without succes. Then any of Nexa devices didn't work anymore. Not even these, what worked before.

photo

Nice. Now I removed all Nexa devices, reboot the box, and then tried to add them again. It wont start discovery at all, only what I get is "

Discovery process started.

Starting..."

photo

Hi

How did this issue end? I have similar problems. I can control Nexa recivers from the Zipabox but I'm not ablt to join any Nexa transmitter.

photo

My Zipabox internal 433 radio was completely dead. Now, with external 433 module all seems working ok. Or somehow ok, control range is shorter than with tiny Nexa remote, even though i have now better antenna.

photo

Strange thing, my Zipabox can still control receivers, so it can definitely send commands. It can also receive data from temperature sensors(Oregon), so it can then receive data. However, it cannot join transmitters like wall switches or remotes. Zipato will look into this momorrow morning to see if they can do anything. Hopefully some kind of FW-upgrade will do.

photo

Hi Torbjörn, are you using other language in your dashboard, than english? If yes, then switch it to english, and try joining again. I did not get joined even z-wave devices when dashboard was finnish.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file