This object is in archive! 

Hey, IP Camera tips

Jonas korani shared this question 7 years ago
Need Answer

Hello!

First of let me say that i would very much like a search function in this forum, i scrolled for 20 pages to search on topics like "Camera" so search function will be handy.

I would also very much appriciate a system where you list all the supported IP cameras. People like me are searching for hours and hours, to finally find out that the IP camera is not supported by ZipaBox but is by other Z-wave controller like Vera Pro etc.

Anyways i wonder if you guys have any tips for me for a good outdoor camera. I need something professional like Axis outdoor camera or other cameras in the same range. Something to use not at home, but rather a company surviellance. Every answer will be appriciated! thank you for your time.

If they are not "supported" by ZipaBox, does that mean it will not work at all, or does it mean that it will not find it automaticly and i have to register it manually. If that is the case, that is not a big problem at all :)

axis_communications_0529_001_p1355_e_network_camera_outdoor_970465

Replies (14)

photo

Most of the IP cameras are supported as worst case scenario you will manually provide all the links to the camera interface.

Zipato just recently did a youtube video with camera, so perhaps you will need to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6Hnid9i_0

photo

You are awesome <3

photo

great thanks. Still a bit dubious adding cameras will slow down or break the Zipato network. How many cameras have everybody else got connected to the Zipabox and working fine. And what brand?

photo

Jonas,

I guess you got your Axis camera to work with Zipabox.

Would you mind posting the parameter settings you used?

Brgds,

Robert

photo

With Zipabox IP cameras seem to be still a issue. But does somebody have experiences with an IP camera and Zipatile. I added one and it works fine.

photo

Andreas,

I have 4 sites with Zipabox (so far), of which two already have one or more Axis cameras. The other two will shortly also have Axis cameras. Although there are issues with the Zipabox firmware and camera detection/adding cameras manually, it *does* work. At one site, I have an external sensor capturing images every time there is movement in an area.

I have yet to figure out / fully understand how the camera Zipabox implementation operate, and how the different streams are being used and how the paths/URLs are used in different ways. I have an open support ticket currently being worked on, regarding this.

My reason for asking others to kindly post the data from their "Enter data from camera" section, is for me better to be able to figure out what's required in order to find the proper way of doing things...

Brgds

Robert

photo

Robert,

I managed to work IP cameras too. I used the Zipato FTP Server and also tried an external FTP provider. With the external one it worked fine and I also had some rules which triggered a snapshot. But see my Zipabox became more unstable with significant more reboots ( I have rule which tells me allways if there is a reboot).

Now I use a combination of Zipabox and QNAP NAS surveillance system. QNAP can receive http commands and starts recording whenever Zipabox detects something I ruled (door sensor, motion sensor etc.). I then have a life recording on the NAS and also a message with snaphots. Works fine.

photo

Andreas,

Could you please post a snip/screencapture of your camera settings from Zipabox Dashboard (blank out IP address) and specify which camera they are for, see my enclosed example.

Brgds Robert

photo

Here it is.

photo

Thanks Andreas!

If anyone else has a working camera, please specify which camera and upload either a snip/pix/screendump or write the details so others may benefit from your success in getting it operational!

photo

I have successfully connected FOSCAM R2: http://www.foscam.com/r2.html

Settings:

Hi-Quality Stream: rtsp://user:password@IP:88/videoMain

Low-Quality Stream: rtsp://user:password@IP:88/videoSub

Snapshot path: http://IP:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=user&pwd=password

photo

i'm using an Axis M3004.

Here are the settings:

/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi

rtsp://192.168.2.240/axis-media/media.amp?videocodec=h264&resolution=1280x800

/jpg/image.jpg

photo

When I buy a camera I make sure it supports RTSP as those mostly work with Zipato.

At the moment I have 4 hikvision and 2 cheappo china ones working. Use Onvif device manager or Ispy to find the correct RTSP url.

None of those camera's show up when searching, all had to be added manually.

photo

@darkwing please can you share the hikvision rtsp configuration for zipato. I can not run it in my zipatile even that by using the sme rtsp url i can see it through the vlc player

Leave a Comment

Attach a file