This object is in archive! 

HTTP POST and GET requests

Bogdan Znakharenko shared this question 10 years ago
Need Answer

Hi all,

I am going to purchase Zipabox and looking for HTTP POST and GET requests functionality.

Please clarify is it possible to include HTTP POST / GET as an action for rule?

example: some sensor is triggering and Zipabox makes HTTP request to specified URL with post/get parameters.

Thnx!

Replies (10)

photo

Yep it is possible directly from the rule creator with http request puzzle part.

You can set get/post/put/delete

photo

Hi,

How to post? there is some examples?

photo

Hi,

you have an example to control an amplifier Yamaha with Zipbabox rules and HTTP Requests.

http://www.touteladomotique.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11438&p=129064#p129064

Regards,

William

photo

William, you are my hero!!!

I've been searching the Internet on and off for a few days when I finally stumbled on your post...you solved my problem in 10 minutes :).

I've so far implemented the scene selection and on/off...works perfectly.

So thanks!!!!

photo

Hi again,

@William: Sorry to bother you but maybe you have som insight in another integration issue. I have an LG TV that can be controlled over WiFi (sort of). It's an LG from 2013. You can control almost anything except for on and off. So I figured I use a Remotec IR-transmitter to do that. But there is no dedicated On-command and no dedicated OFF, it's a switch so if the TV is already on and I press on the TV switches off.

Hence I want to be able to check if the TV actually is on before i move on in the script (so I know if I should turn it on or not).

Any ideas?

photo

Is there an API for the TV? You could try a HTTP call over WiFi. It it responds it's on. Else it's off.

photo

Hi,

Good idea, but I fear that it would take some time if the TV is off (probably have to wait for the timeout) but I'll check.

But you gave me another idea: If the TV doesn't respond when it's off then I could probably just ping it and see what kind of response I get (now all I have to do is to find out how to parse the response in Zipato).

photo

If you have programming experience I'd just make a virtual sensor of it. Have a "TvOnOrOff" sensor that is 1 if the tv responds to ping, and 0 otherwise. You need some other computer to ping and post the status to the virtual sensor.

photo

Thanks...that's what I was afraid of though. I'm quite familiar with programming but I still struggle to understand the Zipato interface....thought that I could do this within zipato.

Somehow it seems that whenever I want to go beyond the basics I end up in a dead end. But it is the way it is, I'll write a simple webservice that I'll run on my nas.

Thanks

photo

can we do the opposite way hhtp go in zipato and ativate my ir extender

Leave a Comment

Attach a file