This object is in archive! 

Latest stable/official firmware version

Guest shared this idea 5 years ago
Completed

Because of the lac of communication from zipato there isn't a up to date status of the latest firmware version. Maybe it's a good idea to post ourself (users) the latest version we are running.

I'm running version 1.3.17g that should be the latest stable version (current date: 13-03-2019)

Replies (18)

photo

Good idea. I am running 1.3.15e which was rock solid, combining ZWAVE, KNX and Zigbee devices with no issues, until the WeatherStation bug broke most of my critical rules.

I very much hope the forthcoming updated firmware fixes the WeatherStation issue.

photo

I'm running 1.2.41p and when I upgraded to the latest beta version I had a lot of problems with my rules. I thought it to be because of the upgrade so I downgraded again. Then I found out that the problem was the known issue with weather stations! I tried to upgrade again but every time there is either a time out or then it say that the upgrade was successfully loaded but in the Zipatile is still showing version 1.2.41p ! Every time I start the application on my PC there's an announcement that the firmware is outdated and there's a suggestion to install 1.3.13 . When choosing that option there is always a time out and the firmware is still 1.2.41p.

photo

Did you have found a solution ? I have the same problem, I can't upgrade my firmware version 1.2.41p.

photo
photo

hi

I'm running firmware 1.3.48i and also the weather station is out of line. the rules and scenes and virtual devices are working well.

photo

Unfortunately today I ugraded to 1.3.59j

Now I get permanently alarm events from the system partition that this and that device is offline.

As the web UI and the cloud are offline I cannot go back to the older version.

I have thrown out the virtual weather station a long time ago and replaced it by an Aeotec Multisensor 6 to give me temperature, humidity and luminance values for every rule formerly was triggered by e.g. sunrise / sunset.

Reliable weather information especially forecasts would be very helpful, but as long as Zipato does not get it up and running reliable it is worth nothing.

photo

All the URLs of my virtual devices have changed ...

All my rules running under HTTP must be redone ...

Each of your updates poses many problems ... fed up !

photo

Same problems.

All my rules with HTTP are dead (and I have a lot)

photo
photo

Unfortunately today I upgraded to 1.3.59

Rules don't sinchronize anymore

Danfoss valves don't communicate -> I'm freezing

Plug remotely controlled doesn't work

Cannot go back to the previous version...

:-(

photo

Everything went to shit when doing the new firmware update. Actually, things stopped working a few hours before with API request. This is a major incident. How's your release management working??

photo

Yesterday I received a notification to upgrade to official/stable release version 1.3.59. I think i'm going to wait for a while because of the complains above and how they resolve.

photo

Here are the release notes of version 1.3.59:

https://community.zipato.com/topic/firmware-version-1-3-59#comment-81023

Soon there will be a release of version 1.5.60 as mentioned by Zipato:

https://community.zipato.com/topic/weather-station-doesnt-work_1#comment-81095

photo
photo

Hi Alex B.,

after having upgraded yesterday I run into biiiiig problems and despite the things I tryed I couldn't solve them so I opened a ticket..

This morning I received a reply telling me to check the system that everything has been solved and it was the case. Only sync with the controller seems to take ages (i.e. it stucks)...

So I'm happy again :-)

Best regards,

Pier Antonio Bianchi.

photo

Mine still doesn't work. This actually started a few hours before I upgraded my firmware if I track my device logs.

Huge problems for me due to I've built part of my home automation upon API requests to Zipabox. I think I have to reconsider a different vendor, maybe Homey or Smartthings. Does Zipato fix these kind of problems box by box, cause this isn't the first time they have to do fixes on a box level?

And I don't understand how the firmware release notes isn't public? My box doesn't show them anymore, another bug...

photo

Today upgrade firmware version 1.3.59

Different problems:

Virtual weather no longer works

Loading previous firmware version blocks Zipabox

cordially

photo

Please open a ticket and submit your serial.

photo
photo

I have 1.3.29 and it's running fine. I have precisely no (zero) intention of upgrading for the time being.

photo

Hello

Il have 1.3.61.

Some problems

photo

Hi,

Lack of communication ? Looks like Zipato took in consideration your comment : in the Knowledge Base, in the section Firmware Upgrade Announcements, last version was Firmware Version 0.9.999.8... and now there is Firmware version 1.3.60 [2019-03-13].

What do you mean they forgot to add 1.3.61 ?

photo

as I mentioned elsewhere here on this forum... They almost NEVER publish release notes, it is just by chance that 1.3.60 release notes are available. As you can see above some users here are using 1.3.61, 1.3.29, 1.3.17g - None of these has release notes available, and I'm pretty sure there are many more versions out there without any release notes. Zipato's support and communication attitude is a nightmare.

I'm on 1.3.61 with one minor issue - A rule I had before to turn Hue light on when zwave sensor detects motion and turns it off again when motion is not triggered anymore doesnt work anymore.

photo

Well, they are digging their own grave. I think the product is good and have great potential. But the release management is really bad. Now and then they are changing things without even inform. Solution on problems are sometimes recreate devices.

I will not buy another Zipato product if they don't step up a lot.

photo

I think that we can simply make assumption, that they are trying chaotically fix issues created with latest releases, therefore there are no release notes available. It would not look well, if the release notes would be filled mainly with "Fixing what we have fixed" or "Fixing what we have done wrong again". This is corporate logic, just do not harm public opinion.

It is true that this product has its potential, but it is losing breath pretty fast, at least it seems to. Some functions has been promised long time ago, not new functionality created, even if the release notes looks impressive on technology level, we can not fully trust that so many things has really be changed or improved.

If they want or if they simply are interested to get people's trust again, they should improve the way of communicating development with customer and if there are no new functions ahead, they should at least adjust their business model to reflect more what is now available on the market.

If nothing is done, we can be pretty sure, that this project will quietly cease to exists , soon after EU found are depleted and monitoring from EU representatives will be not anymore.

It is sad, but it will be not first or last time when some project ended without worrying about customer opinion.

photo

Your vision reminding me on some similar ones 6 years ago:-)

photo

I would be more than happy to be wrong, but I have spent years in IT corporation and also I was Windows mobile user, so my pessimism is build on solid grounding in this area :-D

It is true that in price/performance area Zipato products do not have real competition which would be in same way freely available on european market. There are lot of fantastic products build even on opensource with lot of functions for good price, but you need to order it from US or from other regions, these are simply not available in local stores.

It looks like, that EU market is getting behind of some advanced technology innovations for normal customers, so in that case support funds for you guys, make sense.

photo

for me all my device work well before update and now after update all my zwave device not work. sombody have the same problem?

photo

What i learned the hard way is; DON'T UPGRADE AT ALL. Shit will break.

And even if you don't upgrade shit will break also. Had an astro function in my rules to turn on lights when it is getting dark and turn them off when it is getting light. Mysteriously it stopped working.

luckily the zWave devices are no longer disappearing automagically which is a good thing. I'm very skeptical running upgrades and therefore refrain from them unless there is requirement to do it.

As i'm working with the Zipato product for many years now, they have never changed their adhoc, chaotic, no-supportive way of working. Must be because of the region they are in and the culture of the people there...

photo

Hi Martinus

I agree with you to be very carefully with "just" run an update on Zipato. It would be best to have a second system to try "everything" before updating the live system.

I also agree that Zipato's way of information is not good. But I cannot agree with your view of that this is because of these people culture. That's not fair and totally innapropriate.

Thanks

Beat

photo

I did an update and all my Aeotec devices stopped to respond, as the last resort I was instructed to make a hard reset and go back one firmware version. That killed all devices unfortunately...

photo

Does anyone of you have experience from other brands of controllers? I have decided to skip my Zipatile and go for something else! The question is what other brand to choose.

photo

Yes I have...have a look at ioBroker.net...but be prepared it will not be easier. You will just have much more controll over everything and a proper backup and fall back scenario which can be easely testet...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Beat

photo

I can strongly recommend openhab (http://www.openhab.org) as long as you are a bit "techy". The only reason I have not yet switched completely with all deviced to them is that i'm too lazy to re-integrate all my zwave devices into openhab. As soon as I will face the issue that several other people already had that the devices on Zipato are lost and need to be reconnected I will instead connect them to openhab and drop my Zipabox.

The one thing I really miss there is the graphical rule creator from Zipato, there you basically need to code your rules. They have something similar in the making, but even this cannot compete with Zipatos rule designer.

photo
photo

I am fairly new to this, started about a week ago. I haven't had any big issues so far, only that my ZipaBox was offline yesterday, but the rules I've built in worked as normal and still is.

I'm currently on 1.3.61 on the ZipaBox 2 with only Z-wave integration.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file