This object is in archive! 

MQTT

Mohammed Alajam shared this question 4 years ago
Answered

Hi

i found new device to add ( MQTT.org )is there any documentation or help how can i use it ?

4915ff8e2cd72afeac7115b53d4bf753

Replies (1)

photo

Hi

I revive this topic remained unanswered.

Is it possible to install MQTT client server with this device ?

Thanks to share

photo

You have to create a MQTT broker (i.e. Mosquitto on a different platform) With this you can select this broker in Zipato. Every defined device will publish to this broker

photo

Thanks John but please what is a "defined device" ?

photo

Ohh sorry: a device you have created in Zipato (Z-Wave, Zigbee, 433, virtual etc). Once you have made the link to the MQTT broker those devices are automatically publishing to this broker.

photo

Ok thanks. I readed on forum that "i will receive the change of states only if I subscribe to the topic of device".

So I have to subscribe on booker server (or client ?) but do you know how write the subscription ?

photo

There is a topic on this forum about that:

https://community.zipato.com/topic/mqtt-support

(to see the correct answer: hit show all and look for the answer from sebastian)

photo

I first tried activating MQTT on the zipabox using the API and that didn't work at all, but I think I got it working using this mqtt.org device. Thanks!That being said I have a lot of difficulties. I have installed a mosquitto MQTT broker as an add-on to Home Assistant.

I can see that the Zipabox is sending all kinds of messages to the MQTT broker such as:

Message 2 received on /Zipabox/attributes/c0541eaa-3974-4226-a9af-63293c445fe5/value at 12:01 AM:

{     "value": 1.61,     "timestamp": "2019-12-23T23:01:34Z" }

But somehow the devices connected to my zipabox are not appearing as devices in Home Assistant.

Should Home Assisant automatically recognise all these devices, or should I rather somehow tell Home Assistant how to understand the MQTT messages (And if so, how can i find out how to do that, the above message is like Chinese for me)?

photo

and now I'm not even getting any MQTT messages from my zipabox anymore. I suspect it's because my MQTT broker changed ip. I now set it to a fixed IP and configured that fixed IP in Zipato using the API. However nothing is coming trough.

As I was never able to set-up MQTT trough the API, I suspect I might get it to work if I enter the configuration again by adding again the MQTT.org device. But I can't find a way to delete it (tried trough the API but that doesn't work).

Does anybody have a clue how to proceed?

photo

I was able to delete with API. But the get API did not reflect the deletion until I synced and I logged out and in again.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file