This object is in archive! 

aeon labs multisensor 6 inclusion and configuration failure

Tomasz shared this problem 7 years ago
Known

Hi,

I tried to include aeon labs multisensor 6 to my z-wave network with weird results. At first I got configuration failure with message ASSOCIATION_GROUPINGS_REPORT not received. Second time it succeeded but no new device were displayed in my device manager. But most weird was that each time the sensor detected movement, my fibaro relay started to blink lights.

A friend of mine who also uses this sensor told me, that this behavior happens because Zipato makes battery sensor association to nearest routing node. Is that true, and if so - why do you make association that makes people's light blinking when movement is detected?!

Now I have situation that even when inclusion of that multisensor fails at "device is configured" stage, it still makes my lights blink. So I don't see device in my devices list but that device shows that it is included into z-wave network and influences lighting in my home. Did anyone else have similar behavior with aeon labs multisensor 6, and how to workaround those issues?

Replies (4)

photo

Well, when you try to include a device numerous times (die to various errors or unfinished process), you most likely including the sensor a couple of times. Do a synch and refresh. I bet the device is listed there.

What you need to do is remove, reset and reinclude. I have included couple of aeon labs sensors 9firmwares 1.7 and 1.8 and all were working fine.

When including, try to bring the sensor to 1m from the controller. Once included successfully, place it to it§s final place and do a network heal.

photo

Well I was including multisensor in target location, not in direct vicinity of zipabox, because I had problems with replacing devices and network healing. I could try this approach, but as I have dozens of devices in my case network healing lasts about an hour and battery powered devices go last :( is there a way to reconfigure routing of particular device?

photo

Adding multisensor in direct vicinity of controller also fails with message: ASSOCIATION_GROUPINGS_REPORT

not received. I removed device from network, performed full reset (20 sec button hold) and it doesn't work. Support told me to add it with "Add node" and it adds device but no sensor updates are noticed in zipabox. Maybe someone has Aeotec Multisensor 6 model ZW100-C and could try if it's possible to add it to zipato?

photo
photo

Wow, this is new. I have managed to include a couple of those sensors without issue, this was on previous firmwares and there was no problems with the servers as we have been experiencing lately.

Agree with Attila, before doing anything else, refresh your browser, go to device manager/zwave and look for any unrecognized device and delete it. Then sync, refresh, reset your device to factory settings (press inside button for 20 seconds and release, LED will stay on for 2 seconds), then try to include again, after you included succesfully refresh the web page. When you include your devices make sure you are very close to the controller otherwise you could have issues during this process.

Looks like accidentally your MS6 got configured with a basic set direct association, which can be done through any zwave controller in order to allow your device to control directly other device on the same network without the need of the controller. This is a completely different process that need to be done after you included successfully your device to the controller's network. Inclusion process only writes network, node id and master node id to your device, and on the controller side it updates routing table, as far as I know basic set configurations are optional, maybe you experienced a very weird bug...

photo

Hi,

I have a question related to this issue somehow. How can I set up Multisensor 6 settings (basically it's about motion sensor interval)? I have found information in old topic - https://community.zipato.com/topic/problems-with-aeon-multi-sensor#comment-62 but it looks like this was based on old GUI version.

I'am a newbie so sorry for a dumb question.

photo

MTDS,

Please look at the attached screenshot, that is the parameter you want to change. If you increase this number your sensor will delay more time to send the "NO MOTION" message to the controller, during this time it will stay on "MOTION" state and will not detect more motions in that period of time, some call this configuration "blind time".

photo
photo

Maybe this is the problem while adding the sensor and triggering lights?? Found this while reading Aeotec MS6 manual, maybe Zipato is setting this function by default to the closest neighbours of the sensor, I assume it is detecting MOTION and that is why it turns ON/OFF the devices.

This is a case for Zipato support, you guys should raise ticket.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file