This object is in archive! 

Step by step using the Remotec ZXT-120 IR Ententer with Zipabox

Fredrik Karlsson shared this question 9 years ago
Answered

Dear all,

Sorry for asking this, but this is frustration talking. I must have missed something somewhere, because the cause of my question is always just skipped over in previous threads in previous threads re the ZXT-120.

(and there are a couple of them):

Ok, the problem I have is: "Ok, I have the codes that are associated with Panasonic (I have a Panasonic inverter AC). How do I know which one is correct?"

I've included the ZXT 120 and it shows up like this in the Device manager:

(don't mind the red dot, it's just because I removed the batteries due to it not working at all)

Sk%C3%A4rmavbild%202015-08-27%20kl

In the Device growers, it shows up as a nice IR device

Ok, I get some configuration options

and a way to learn buttons

Ok, all were well. If I then understand this correctly, you can either set the device up manually by just selecting a slot above and clicking "Learn", press the button on the remote and have the ZXT 120 device learn the code. Ok, the problem is that while the device blinks and accepts the signal sent (it seems), I cannot send it. I mean, the lamp flashes and everything, but the AC does not react at all.

For this, I kept "Infrared Code" to NOT_SET in this configuration panel.

Ok, so the other, better possibly , option would then be to use the IR codes. Ok, there are a number of Panasonic codes already programmed in (and, to be honest, I am a bit happy that I don't have a Mitsubishi...)

Ok, so the advice given in the fora is usually then that you just have to try them all out, one by one, until you find the correct one. Sounds simple enough, just have to do it.

But the question is then -

"How can I tell that / if / when I found the correct code?"

Please, if someone could tell me exactly how they went about setting this up, in simple terms, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

Fredrik

Replies (5)

photo

Not my day today. Not sure why the image links are not working (they are correct).

Ok, I attach image files instead.

photo

And 3 more.

I don't think these images are needed to understand my problem, but I guess problems in my setup could be spotted from them.

photo

Not sure exactly what step I missed in this, but I removed the device, re-included it and set it up carefullly following your instruktions above, and now it seems to work. The first code I tried (the last one for panasonic) seems to work for my panasonic inverter AC.

photo

It did not work for my Eletrolux air conditioner. I have tested all possible codes. I've only been able to get the IR Extender to manually learn some codes to turn the unit on and off, but I can not operate the thermostat. Another problem I am also having is that the device is only visible if connected to a power source by the USB cable. With batteries it goes offline all the time.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file