This object is in archive! 

KNX device: bytes values unsupported (temperature, date, time, brightness, windspeed...)

Alain Giller shared this problem 9 years ago
Known

Zipabox cannot read correctly bytes value, it's interpreted as boolean. So there is currenty no possiblity to read those values from the knx bus. It's a pitty, I've a KNX weather station and I can't see the different values

Replies (14)

photo

Hi,

you need to make sure you posses a Zipabox KNX expansion module.

If you do please contact us on support@zipato.com

Kind regards,

Hrvoje

photo

I have the KNX module... switch works fine. For blinds there is also some bugs.

photo

Please contact us on support@zipato.com with your user credentials

Best regards,

Hrvoje

photo

I have the same problem. I would like read the temperature value or execute KNX scene !

Only Bit value can be read or write ?

photo

Up !

photo

Nothing new,they are hopefully working on it. I posted a bug report the 10 september 2014( #JVM-156-52852)

photo

Nothing new on the last update, bytes values still unsupported, it's a pitty...

photo

I affraid it is still unsupported...

photo

Blinds read correct Status over KNXIP but could not be controlled.

So the same Problem there.

photo

Now since 2 years there no updates. I contact the support but nothing append.

photo

Very interesting, can you please attach an ETS printscreen? I've attached my config, if you see something wrong... Thanks!

photo

Hello,

I'm running V1.3.29 and facing the same problem, impossible to read values.

Any updates on it?

Thanks!

photo

Hi RoSche,

Thank you for your feedback...

Could you please explain more?

If you could add some screenshots, I will appreciate a lot!

Thank you!

photo

Thank for the update... I think its normal, as I see for the flags, because you read it from Weather Station and write it to KNX BAOS to push to Zipato.

Also, what "KNXIP devices" are you using (Meter, Multivalue or Value??) and what do you put in Value Datapoint Type in Zipato?

Btw, I've asked the same question in another thread... (KNX interface to ip)

It seems lot of people have troubles with KNX and Zipato integration.

I have a lot of sensors that I want to monitor and react from Zipato (swimming pool temperature, pH, temperature all around house, water counters), so I really hope to make it work ....

Thank you!

photo

RoSche, thank you for your reply...

So I downgraded to 1.3.13, and same result.

The only difference i see, that i have multiple meters in one group. It's sad, that it's impossible to get some debug logs from Zipato.

But i'm 700 km from the house, and the KNX interface is locked on the Zipato connection (getting "the interface cannot accept the new data connection"). So I will have to go on place latter to reset it in order to modify the ETS configuration.

Still hope to get some official help from Zipato too...

Thank you!

photo

RoSche.. I spent 10 hours again.. and no result.. :-(

Could you please explain, what do you mean my a separate group?

Thank you!

photo

Thanks for your fast reply RoSche,

1) Ok, i did the same

2) I use ESF file export from ETS, and it worked for blinds.

3) Yes, I checked my flags .. :(

Now, this is very strange.. it's just showed me a swimming pool temperature after closing the project in ETS.

I did a connection test on both interfaces (Im using 730 and 731 Weinzierl interfaces... ) from ETS.. and it shown me on a multimeter...

Really don't understand whats going on... Zipato team.. HELP!!!

Cheers

photo
photo

I forgot to add, I use KNXIP, and not a Zipato KNX extension module.

And blinds are working perfectly, the status of position and setting of % is working great.

Thank you!

photo

For the blinds, I use KNXIP blinds module. I'm able to slide to setup % of opening, and if I change it from KNX, it updates it correctly to Zipato.

I don't use slats, so i don't need short press. Also, I've had to migrate my KNX old Hager TS223 / TS224 modules to Hager TXA223 with TXA223 - a2 program to get the position % reporting.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file