This object is in archive! 

Philips Hue supported?

Mark shared this question 11 years ago
Answered

I'm interested in the Zigbee addon for the Zipato box. Especially since the new Philips Hue smart bulbs communicate using Zigbee.

This would mean that the Zipato box could control these bulbs. Correct? Would it, for example, be possible to program rules which set the color of the bulb?

Replies (72)

photo

Once it becomes widely available in Europe, we will consider to support it. For now, I don't think it is possible to do it as it seems to me, they are not using Zigbee Home Automation profile.

photo

Hi,

Just for the information of those interested : Philips Hue (and others similar products of GE, Greenwave, OSRAM Sylvania) uses the open ZigBee Light Link (LL) standard/profile, which is able to interoperate with Home Automation (HA) profile.

It is hoped that the support is effortless for Zipato with the ZigBee HA module, and it could happen quickly ?! ;)

Regards,

photo

hi there

In the dutch forums many hue users are willing to buy the zipatobox but only if the HUE and LW with Zigbee light link is supported. Please support this.

photo

Did Zipato start supporting Hue at the moment?

photo

I will buy Zipato if Hue en Greenwave are supported. Please consider making this possible!

photo

J'ai une zipabox depuis plusieurs mois...

I have a zipabox for several months ... When my guests are interested, I give them a little demo and they are super excited. They ask me the same question! "This is consistent with the Philips bulbs?

photo

I think that with the hue api released, everyone with some programming ability can make it work with zipabox, even if not supported out of the box.

Example. You can make some php script (or something else) running over google drive, that use api's to interact with the lamps (with or without a password). Thank within zipabox you can call script functions from rules.. simple!

photo

Simone Biagini wrote:

I think that with the hue api released, everyone with some programming ability can make it work with zipabox, even if not supported out of the box.

Example. You can make some php script (or something else) running over google drive, that use api's to interact with the lamps (with or without a password). Thank within zipabox you can call script functions from rules.. simple!

And if you lose internet connection it stops working. We need a local solution without requiring the internet or an external server to run scripts!

photo

@Ray internet loosing connection could be an issue.. but it's simple to solve.

simply using a raspberry or similar (eg. beaglebone black ) that host a web server with all you need.

But, really.. worried about loosing internet connection for a logn period? I lost my connection only 2 time in the past 4 years.

Anyway, I'm talking about a solutions waiting the native solution.

But I think that also, without official support, the script+web server solution could be a good solution to drive hue.

photo

guys, theres no need of a server. The "circle" box hs already a server inside. The only need is that the light and the zipabox are in the same network (and you should enable the developer user following the guide here http://developers.meethue.com/index.html )

attached a screen of a simple rules to increase/decrease the light.

photo

Anyone know if i still need the Philips hue controller or if zipato zigbee extension would be enough?

photo

Situation is like this; Phillips Hue bulb is on Zigbee smart lighing. Zipabox zigbee extension support smart lighting as it is basically the same as smart home profile. However, philips hue bulbs can't be restarted (which is necessary for pairing the zigbee device) without the Philips color lighting remote control (round one, with scenes button). Otherwise, they are being automatically paired with the Philips hue gateway.

Anyway, I wouldn't hurry to buy Philips Hue now, as there will be few supprises on the market soon;-)

photo

Maybe the same type of device but using zwave? ;)

photo

Sebastian,

I saw that Zipato has started to communicate on your new RGBW bulb. Could you sum-up the advantages of your solution? Do you will just release one kind of bulb or are you thinking to expand also your offer? Me, I am looking mainly for a solution for replacing my down-lights and I was considering buying Philips Hue BR30. Ideally, I would like to find something even brighter. I am afraid that your current offer will not fully meet my needs. Nevertheless, I remain open-minded and will buy maybe some bulbs for additional lamps.

I see clearly the advantage for a direct integration and to avoid using a bridge. But I am also afraid that more third-party applications will pop-up from the hue community due to the number of users. Do you also investigate how we will at the end take the benefit of your solution? Especially how we can integrate the lighting with home-cinema experience (i.e. lighting colors changing with music and/or images on the screen depending if we are listning music or watching a movie...).

photo

Sebastian,

I saw that Zipato has started to communicate on your

new RGBW bulb. Could you sum-up the advantages of your solution? Do you

will just release one kind of bulb or are you thinking to expand also

your offer? Me, I am looking mainly for a solution for replacing my

down-lights and I was considering buying Philips Hue BR30. Ideally, I

would like to find something even brighter. I am afraid that your

current offer will not fully meet my needs. Nevertheless, I remain

open-minded and will buy maybe some bulbs for additional lamps.

I see

clearly the advantage for a direct integration and to avoid using a

bridge. But I am also afraid that more third-party applications will

pop-up from the hue community due to the number of users. Do you also

investigate how we will at the end can take the benefit of your solution?

Especially how we can integrate the lighting with home-cinema experience

(i.e. lighting colors changing with music and/or images on the screen

depending if we are watching a movie or just listening music...)?

photo

The main difference is of course, Z-wave instead of Zigbee. Z-wave is currently much wider adopted so much more people will be able to use it.

Besides RGB LEDs, Zipato bulb has warm white and cold white LEDs additionally. This means that customer are also, able to adjust white color temperature, when using bulb for everyday lighting.

As for the controller, I think what Philips is offering is not comparable with Zipabox. I don't know how big is their community, but ours is not small neither. And Zipabox has open API and bunch of the features already implemented by us, so I think controller should be our point of sales;-)

Also, our development was focused on PCB inside the bulb, so we are able to integrate it to various kind of LEDs afterwards.

photo

I suppose the good thing is Zipato might actually fully support these devices unlike almost all of my existing standards compliant z-wave devices.

photo

When will the Zipato RGBW be available?

photo

It is available already. You can buy it here: http://www.domadoo.fr/shopexd.asp?catalogid=3804

photo

Same price as Hue :-(

photo

Ok. I see. I was looking fot it on Dutch websites. Can you also give me the dimensions of the bulb?

photo

The colorscheme's of the Hue are different from the colorschema of the RGB. Also the way they are connect (GU10 for example) and how Hue present the light. In several controllers they are allready supported by using the open api of the bridge. For that reason I would still want to ask you to support them in your controller. Because of the open api is relatively simple to control them. I allready can control them by a HTTP request in the rulecreator.

Intergrate them in de devicetable would give the advantege of read there statusreport and control them more simple.

photo

Same request for me. I can understand that Zipato support firstly their Zwave Bulb, but Philips Hue are used by many more peoples. I don't know if there is a technical way to support Hue with Zipato Zigbee Module (profile issue ?) ? But if it's not possible with zigbee, you should at least support those Hue bulbs with HTTP. There is a public API available.

photo

Yes, please Philips Hue support! Philips Hue is almost standard in the most major smart home solutions ;-)

photo

Any news on the support of Hue?

photo

What's the situation here? No Hue support is a deal breaker.

photo

will be supported within a two weeks. Meanwhile, you can use http request puzzle within a rule creator

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

will be supported within a two weeks. Meanwhile, you can use http request puzzle within a rule creator
Wonderful! Can you or somebody of your team give an example how such a http request would look like. Is something for the wiki! THX!

photo

Hi,

please see the attachments, how the rule, and configuration in our system how you can use HTTP Request and some virtual, or real switch to control Philips Hue.

The example provided here will allow you to turn the 3rd bulb in the hue bridge that is located on the given IP, and is being controlled with newdeveloper user on the bridge.

/api/newdeveloper/lights/3/state

/api/{user on bridge}/ligths/{bulb name}/state

the bulb will have the following settings what can be seen from json:

hue value of 25500

brightness value of 200

and saturation value of 255

parameter "on" can be true for bulb on, and false for bulb off

json in body of http:

{

"on": true,

"hue": 25500,

"bri": 200,

"sat": 255

}

For more reference on the requests, how to set up hue and how to use

HTTP Rest API from Philips ( paths, attributes, ...) , please consult

Philips Hue API, where all the requests are appropriately explained.

Regards,

Hrvoje.

photo

Sebastian,

That is great news. Looking forward to it!

photo

Hello Sebastian,

This is a great news that Hue will be supported natively.

Any news about this support ? We are now 2 weeks since your last message ;-)

Thank you

photo

Just look in the add device wizzard in the new UI.

photo

I get the error message: Configuration Failed :-(

photo

Theo van den Dolder wrote:

not yet supported

photo

I also get the error message: Congifuration Failed :-(

photo

When will it be supported ? Will you still need the Hue controller ?

photo

no support on philips hue is a no-go-to-buy

photo

Hurry up please. .. it's too long. i thinks to change my box with a edomus box :)

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

not yet supported
Hoping you can explain how it intends to be supported? I've noticed it in the add device section that it refers to connecting to the hub .... does that mean it has to be using a Hue hub, or can you directly sync/connect to the Hue lamps?

photo

DannyH73 wrote:

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

not yet supported
Hoping you can explain how it intends to be supported? I've noticed it in the add device section that it refers to connecting to the hub .... does that mean it has to be using a Hue hub, or can you directly sync/connect to the Hue lamps?
it will be supported through philips HUB.

photo

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

DannyH73 wrote:

Sebastian Popovic wrote:

not yet supported
it will be supported through philips HUB.
It WILL be supported....or it IS supported? I'm looking to buy a home automation system and for now Zipato is one of the candidates...but then it has to support HUE (and Sonos)...

photo

Support for hue and sonos is a must> I Wil buy zipabox.

Good support for Nest and Netatmo is a pro

photo

Hi again - just wondering on progress with Hue integration? Any updates on ETA?

Thanks,

Danny

photo

I am also waiting for proper support on philips hue.....

Thanks

photo

Strange... the ZIPABOX had the option to include Philips Hue. It states to press the button on the bridge, but... nothing will ever happen.

Toooo bad! I purchased ZIPABOX while being under the impression it would work together with the Hue bulbs.

Please ZIPATO, your support is needed in the matter. Thank you, V

photo

today i got it working on the new 0.9.999.4 firmware

i had to click the buton on the hue a few times and did a retry but i worked.

in the lights i section i got several hues visible...all with the color options eventhough only 1 of my hues has that option...some things could use fixing but for now i am happy happy happy

oh and it is added as an ip-device not as a zigbee device (which i had hoped/expected)

photo

Great news, I have successfully added mys hue bulb :)

Everything work perfectly.

photo

I was also now able to add the Hue bridge, and on second add new device attempt it added lights aswell in device manager... But none of those are shown in Lights & Power menu, or in rule creator devices, etc.

I changed the lights' type to RGBW bulb and checked show as device. Is something else needed?

Trying to add the bridge again for 3rd time from add new device fails.

photo

I think Zipato has not finished the functionality of the Hue hub.

I also added the Hub successfully. The bulbs appear in Lights & Power all with the same description "Philips Hue Bulb" but I can't control them.

photo

"Re-apply device descriptors" from the old UI finally did the trick for me, and now works perfectly!

photo

I have the Hue Bridge now linked and see the Lights in my portal (thanks ymppa for the re-apply trick). However, none of the bulbs respond currently to commands. Will continue trying another time.

photo

I can't connect the hue bridge. The re-aply trick didn't work for me. At 57 seconds het gives a 'failed' sign.

too bad.

photo

Any news on this ? I'm waiting for it to be official supported before buying a hue kit.

photo

It's really easy to use Hue without special support. You can find my example rule here.

photo

Any news?

photo

I know I can control the Hue with HTTP REST calls, but I would like to receive the bulb status as well and make rule decisions based on that

photo

You should be able to add Philips hue with ADD NEW DEVICE option from main interface.

photo

Hi Antonio,

I have managed to include teh Philips Hue device, but I don't see any endpoints (lights)?

Anny idea how to see the lights?

Geert

photo

It is allready solved! After including it for the second time it was working!

photo
photo

It works. I can include the device now. Thank you.

photo

Would there a chance to connect the bulbs, adapters (smartlink), led-strips and living colors (Bloom etc.) directly to zipato in the near future, like it is by Osram lightify ??

photo

I have had the hue lights connected for a couple of weeks now but they regularly stop working. Can control them via hue app or directly to the hub API but nothing works from the zipabox.

Anyone else having stability issues with hue?

photo

I have similar problems. Rebooting the zipabox helps, but is not what one would want!

photo

Thanks Machiel - I've submitted a ticket since restarting the zipabox didn't help this time. Will update when I get a response.

photo

I got the same issues and submitted a ticket. I got the following answer which solved the problem. You have to update the firmware.

Here is completely new tutorial for Philips Hue (https://community.zipato.com/knowledge-base/article/philips-hue-adding).I just tested it and made a video so it works fine with me.Most probably you do not have the Firmware version that supports Philips Hue.Please upgrade onto it following the procedure:- go to API (in the top-middle of the screen), in a new window click on the Firmware and when the drop-down appears click on "Get" button beside "/firmware/upgrade/beta" and then click on "Try it out!" button.- your box will be updated onto the Beta Firmware.

photo

Thanks for the tip. I upgraded immediatly and will monitor its function.

photo

Thanks, upgrading as we speak. will test for a while with the beta firmware.

photo

Control of my Hue lamps has been stable in the past two weeks so the new firmware did the trick.

photo
photo

I bought a Zipato RGBW bulb................... having some doubts about it, when turned to red, it is pink...... colors seem way off.

photo

I'm actually referring to the Hue connection stability but I agree that the Zipato bulbs colors are not very natural. I like the Philips Hue bulbs much better.

photo
photo

I added a Hue Bridge. At first there were no lights. The second time it recognised the lights also. But I can't switch off the lights. When I turn the bar down to 0% they stay on at low level. Do more people have this problem?

I also would love to see the option to add the white colors to the color (RGB) selection.

----

Edit: I made a rule where the brightness of the light is checked. If the brightness is 0 send an http post to the hue bridge (/api/{user}/lights/{id}/state with value {"on":false"}).

And maybe an idea (stolen from the hue app) make the sliders under Device Browser -> RGB bulb the current color of the light. :)

Thx

photo

My Zipato cant find my Hue Bridge at all. Tryid 10 times - is it due to Phillips issue a update for the Bridge or what!

photo

I got it to work like this:

1. You need to get the units

random generated username, this you can get like this:

è http://<bridge

ip address>/debug/clip.html

è Put in url in the box

/api

è In message body put in {"devicetype":"my_hue_app#iphone

zipato123"} and press PUT “Rememeber to push the Phillips Hue Bridge just

before pressing put”

This will generate a encrypted

username to use in a HTTP request like this:

Success “username” 1028d66426293e821ecfd9ef1a0731df (Take what ever it generates here)

The HTTP request in my Zipato rule looks like this to turn on my lamp:

Method: PUT

URL: http://Brige_IP/api/1028d66426293e821ecfd9ef1a0731df/lights/1/state

BODY:

{

"on": true,

"hue": 25500,

"bri": 200,

"sat": 255

}

The lights names 1 to XX

you can find on your HUE mobile app etc.

photo

Hi Martin,

Great "hack", I have the same issue as you, can't get the Zipabox to include the Hue Bridge.

I hereby implement you solution, thanks - and await an official Zipato fix hopefully soon...

photo

Zipato are you here? What is the ETA for a solution ?

photo

Don't you need a zigbee module to your box?

photo

No, with theHue Hub on the same network it's works

photo
photo

My hue bridge is working fine, but new Hue bulbs are not recognised.

I've added some new lights to the bridge (without any issues, working fine in the Hue app), but my Zipabox (firmware 0.9.999.8a) can't seem to find them.

I've tried to re-add my bridge from the web interface (without removing it), which resulted in configuration failed

How can I add the new bulbs to my Zipabox?

photo

Hey, I have a ticket open, because my box does not find the bridge and hangs after the search. The search is finished with "configuration failed". The Team told me, that they found the error and they are working on it.

photo

Great news!

In the meantime I've found a workaround. I've created scenes in my Philips Hue app to configure all bulbs and I use a http-request to the Hue-api to start/stop them

photo

How do you trigger scenes in the API?

photo
photo

anyone knew how to add a new buld or how to get the information regarding new bulbs from the bridge without delete/adding the bridge?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file