This object is in archive! 

virtual Weather station not working

Roberto Hiemstra shared this problem 2 years ago
In Progress

On several zipatiles and boxes, I found that the virtual weather station is no longer working.

Has there been any changes in the set-up for the weather station?

Kind regards,

Roberto

Replies (22)

photo

Hello,

Please check the following topic:

https://community.zipato.com/announcement/weather-station-stopped-working

Regards

photo

These problems are common with zipato.

I am moving in 2 months, so after 5 years of struggle with Zipato I will finally change the system.

Either Fibaro or Loxone.

Good luck to all..

photo

Hi Stilwatter,

I do understand your motivation.

I also think Zipato should do more to satisfy the proffesional users!

If they should offer and send newsletters or anything where the proffesional users could be updated with the problems and (hopefully) the solutins they can offer this would be part of a better solution.

I also think that Zipato should be a bit more dedicated to the proffesional users like you and me.

I hope they will contact you to try and convince you to keep using Zipato.

My experience with Fibaro are not so positive, whe sending a ticket to them, it mostly takes a few day's before you get an answer.

That is at least one of the positive things of Zipato, when creating a ticket or topic, you usually get an asnwer in a few hours!

so for the guys that are in the customer service, nothing then compliments!

Regards, Roberto

photo
photo

MORE than one month without ANY news about that issue, that cause the total stop of rules based on virtual weather station.

Totally unacceptable for an home automation system.

And what is worse is the total lack of communication, as per zipato practice. No messages, no "sorry", no timeline, nothing. Silence.

As I'm a seer, I already put beside an home assistant server that run in parallel with zipato through mqtt.

So I recreated my rules on home assistant and I'm living happy: but this is another story, because 99% of peoples, customers, relies on zipabox while not @home. What do you think about a customer away for holidays with an automation locked for one month ad more?

who knows if this post about home assistant will be eliminated with a ban.

photo

Dear Zipato Team,

Is this important issue solved as stated on the header of the topic ???

Best Regards

Gerardo

photo

Please Re-open this issue untill there is a real solution!

Regards Roberto

photo

Please give an update on this issue!

photo

Same problem - not closed

photo

Is there a way to set up the sunset and sinrise time for my box? As sunset and sunrise time are a formula, I can add a big table of sunsets and sunrises for the year and would be locally stored, solving partially my problem. The curl is also nice but if the box is offline it will not work.

photo

Please give a date of resolution. it's urgent

thank you in advance

Cordially

photo

Please inform when it will work again! thanks

photo

It won't be for a while but announcement will be made when a new solution is implemented.

photo

Hi any update on that , it has been a while and it is pretty annoying and I do not understand why Zipato has not had a back up plan as this has happened a couple of years ago !

photo
photo

What about open the weather for writting? We can add all this infos directly via API while the official version is not ready.

photo

Any news on this?!

Like half of my rules rely on input from the weather station regarding sunset / sunrise. Also, I have a pending order to upgrade HW to zipabox V3, which I will release when this is working.

photo

Any news ????

I only need sunrise / sunset..... most of my rules are in manual workaround, which is annoying !!! and we dont pay for an automated system to change manually the time ...

photo

Same for me. and i have several customer installations. all complaining

photo

I'm tired, I just control the lights at home but want it to work. That's all

photo

I don't understand this?

How can you run python scripts and ubuntu in the zipabox?

Or, do you need a separate computer just to get this to work?

photo

Hi

Yes I run a script on virtual machine that trigger the virtual switch on the Zipato system

photo

What kind of virtual machine? I have basically no knowledge in any kind of Unix related stuff. Can I still get this to work?

photo

User was banned since the posts were spam.

photo
photo

Hi All

Like i post before in the news i have a sulution for the sun rise/sunset in python script on ubunto VM

who ever wants to get this VM and source code can email me to rami@vaitzman.com & i will send explanation for the proccess

photo

Hi, any news on the progress of the new weather station?

when will it be available?

I can't keep my customers in this uncertainty.

Regards, Roberto

photo

Hi Roberto,

6 months with no weather device and you still have a customer? It's easy to move to another Hub.

photo

For now i use IFTTT to generate trigger to have sunset and sunrise event, but 6 months without weather device isn't professional job....

photo
photo

Hi there,

for all who still need some workaround.

If you have Alexa in house you can use it for the sunset/sunrise controll.

Use Alexa software with Zipato skill.

Setup virtual switch at Zipato for sunrise and sunset.

Use " routines" within Alexa software to switch the virtual Zipato switches on/off by sunset/sunrise time.

Setup Zipato flows with the virtual switches as "if on/off".

I use this to controll my blinds at home and so far it works perfectly.

Hope this information is of help for you.

Best regards,

Oliver

photo

Hi.

New weather service working with latest app version and alpha firmware.

photo

Work for me to.. :) @ZIPATO: Would prefer if winds speed was displayed in m/s instead of km/h, guess that's in the roadmap. Thanks.

photo
photo

Hi. Cannot upgrade my zipatail2 to version 2.2

Anyone can help

Leave a Comment

Attach a file