This application note shows how to create a rule that automatically turn on or off the light when a closet door is opened or closed.
The aim of this project is to automatically control a Zipato MM Single Switch:
- Zipato MM Single Switch turns on or off when the Zipato Door/Window Sensor state changes.
For this project we have used a Z-Wave system comprising of:
- Zipato MM Single Switch - used to control the light via Z-Wave protocol
- Zipato Door/Window Sensor – used to detect the state of the closet door
- Zipato Controller
Setup and Control
The Zipato MM Single Switch and Zipato Door/Window Sensor were ‘Included’ into the Z-Wave network by ‘Adding’ them to the Zipato Controller, further information is available in "Adding new devices on the Zipato Controller" section.
Then we created the following rules in the Zipato Rules Creator to control how the closet light would work. For more details see the "Introduction of Rules Creator" section.
This rule works as follows:
1. Main 'When' block wraps the whole rule. The rule is activated if the state of the Zipato Door/Window Sensor changes.
2. The 'If' condition is set when the Zipato Door/Window Sensor is in 'open' state.
3. The 'Action' block sets the Zipato MM Single Switch to 'on'.
4. The 'Else' condition is set when the Zipato Door/Window Sensor is in 'close' state.
5. The 'Action' block sets the Zipato MM Single Switch to 'off'.
6. Don't forget to 'Save' your rule and then to 'Synchronize' it at the end.